Bringing your own snorkel equipment

Kaye745

Hi-

My family is going on their first ever cruise 8/16 on Monarch of the Seas. My husband and I snorkeled for the first time last year in St. Kitts and loved it. We're going on the Barefoot Snorkel and Sail excursion while in Nassau with the kids (10, 14, and 18). We will also be in Cococay one day. I'm debating on purchasing snorkel equipment for the family so we don't have a rent at Cococay and have our own to use on the excursion. Is it worth the effort and possibly the extra bag (and the extra bag fee for the airline). I'm looking at a US diver's set on Amazon that's about $30 each set and seems to have to good reviews. We'll probably only use them about once a year if that.

Thanks in advance-

Kaye

Hi Kaye 745 I just posted the following on another thread. When I had read yours I followed the link. "We Have Our own Equipment and have been able to snorkel with out extra fees or being stuck on the beach after a rushed tour in costa maya. When others had to turn in their equipment and sit around for another hour we went in and had an even better snorkel time on our own! We are taking our equipment to The Baths on Virgin Gorda.This is not a snorkel trip but the reviews are saying it is a good place to snorkel. Even when the snorkeling is not so great, for no more money its wonderful practice. Half moon Key can be nice for that. for free,it can be a great place to snorkel." Just a though, When my daughter was 10 she could not rent successfully, her childs narrow face caused a constant leak in any mask she tried. to this day at seventeen she uses the same mask we bought that same year. Happy cruising!!

Archived