Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas for 15 yr old

Cruisin'Allie

My DD and I are planning a birthday cruise in November. She will be getting an underwater digital camera for her birthday (about 2 weeks before cruise) and I want to make up a scavenger hunt of stuff for her to photograph. I want to have her take pix of stuff that can "translate" into a memory album for her. (Not something like, take a pic of a purple ceiling tile :) )

I guess my goal is for her to be on the lookout for good photo opportunities by giving her a list of objects & scenes that will make good memories for her. I will print it up in a notebook for her like a "checklist" and will tell her that it is for a scrapbook so (hopefully) she will take it more seriously.

Has anyone done anything similar? If so, any ideas for me?

Do any of you have any ideas on "must have" photos when you cruise?

Here are some of the things I've come up with so far...

Photo of...

cabin door, at least 5 towel animals, atrium elevator, self-portrait underwater in pool & in ocean, at least 4 different souvenir drink glasses, ship at every port, ice cream cone from self-serve, waiter, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Great idea for a 15 year old. Here is a camera and a checklist – see you in 7 days. :) I’d recommend having her search for things that make her think - be vague, don’t spell it out for her.

Each number 1-10. She could shoot a couple of beams that look like a 7 etc. – to challenger her mind. An idle mind is the devil’s workshop!

Her favorite food by category; breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, snack… supper… midnight snack.

5 photos (or a random number that you as her parent makes up) of her doing something she would not be allowed to do at home (pose with a drink, ‘Do Not Enter’ sign, gamble, bidding at auction – yikes!, again don’t guide – be vague).

You mentioned towel animals, they also carve up food; melon monkeys, bread and ice sculptures. Maybe food carvings that remind her of her friends or of home - or stay vague.

I’d have something that makes her get pictures of herself; reflection pictures, pictures of her with crew members (this forces her to interact as well).

Why not give her pet cruise buddy - "teddy" to take away with her or similar and she takes pictures of this pet cruise buddy in the most unusual places - will keep her busy for hours! i.e. teddy sunbathing, teddy sitting near the pool, teddy at dinner etc and it will make a talking point for others who see her and they'll probably go along with the idea and she make loads of new friends young and old!

• 1 month later...
Why not give her pet cruise buddy - "teddy" to take away with her or similar and she takes pictures of this pet cruise buddy in the most unusual places - will keep her busy for hours! i.e. teddy sunbathing, teddy sitting near the pool, teddy at dinner etc and it will make a talking point for others who see her and they'll probably go along with the idea and she make loads of new friends young and old!

Love this idea!! Lots of people do this, myself included (I've got a small plush goldfish named Wanda who's been on all my cruises with me.

I'd also suggest pictures of "Welcome To...." signs in the ports you will be visiting.

And how about "my toes" pictures - my toes in the sand, my toes in the pool, my toes in the ocean, my toes on a lounge chair, my toes in dressy sandals.....

Have fun!

Cathy

Archived