Tour Guide for Merida

catdoc

My family is coming to Progresso on the Elation in late August and I am looking into things to do from this port. It is me, my DH , DS 10 and DS 13. After some research, we would like to see Merida. We are not really tour bus people. Not that there is anything wrong with tour busses or anything. My sons are quiet and low-key kind of kids and we like to look around on our own. I know we could take the local bus but maybe it would be better to have someone who could give us some guidance then leave us to putter around for a while. Do you know of a taxi/guide service that would be good to use? Thanks for your help.

I have really enjoyed reading the reviews and responses from all of the regular posters here about Progresso and Merida. We are on the same sailing as HDawson and I hope he gets to take the cruise.

Amy

Amy. I'm pretty determined so still planning to be on the Elation on Aug 28th with the Dr's permission. You are more than welcome to tag along to Merida and will be glad to give you a brief walk-about of the key historical zone sights. One other family has expressed interest in going along. Although I strongly recomend the 50 minute carriage ride ($20) out onto Paseo Montejo, I will be skipping that, only because I've done it several times.

I will be writing William Lawson for suggestions for authentic restaurants near the El Centro area although I hanker for the turkey tacos at the central market.

Drop me an email with any questions and/or request for pics to whet your appetite.

hdawson228@aol.com

Don't forget to checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com

John

PS Less than four weeks now.

John,

Thanks for the reply! I so glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to go on your vacation. I would love to see some pictures and will send you an email. We are getting very excited about the trip. 23days to go. :)

Amy

Archived