Dining room and tipping questions

FoghornLeghorn

Disney Wonder 3 night Bahamas

1. I've only cruised on Princess, so the tipping with the envelopes are new to me. I understand I can charge the amounts to my account .....but....

Do I actually hand something to them?

What if I don't do dinner in the dining room the last night?

2. Due to my health issues, there might be a night I'm not up to going to the dining room for late seating. I don't want anyone to wait, or expect me to show up...If I can't make it, how do I let them know?

(especially if I can't walk that far that evening to tell them in person)

Thanks for your help!!

If you pay at guest services in advance they will give the tip to the servers. You will receive a receipt to put in the envelopes to show how much you gave and hand that to them on the last night at the end of dinner.

So if you dont show they will still be given their tip if you prepay.

What you could do is if you go to dinner the first night explain at the end of the meal (when the confusion of the first night has calmed down) that its hard for you to walk and may not be there the last night, so please DONT wait on me. I have paid your gratuity at guest services already.

That way they know ahead of time and be sure and tell others at yoru table to NOT wait for you the last night.

Also if your doing the Magic (not sure on the Wonder) you have the option of going to the buffet all but the first and last night for a sit down meal. You can go at your leisure between 6:30 to 8:30 P.M. Its quiet and never very busy so your seated right away and a waiter will be right there with a small but good menu to choose from.

There is a salad bar but you dont have to walk over to get a salad there are some on the menu. We bring a couple of ones to leave for our server there. Its so much quieter and relaxed. It may be a nicer option for you than the crowded dining room. They seat you close to the entrance too, not at the back of the room which can happen in the dining room.

If you have an electric cart it is easy to ride right in there too.

Kathy

That shoudl take care of your problem easily.

We have missed the last night and told the wait staff the night before and it worke dout just fine.

Archived