~ ~ ~ Venice & Rome Itlay ~ ~ ~

• 1 month later...

Hi! I was going to defer to someone who had stayed in hotels in the areas that interest you more recently...it's been several years since I've been to either of these. I suppose you could check tripadvisor.com to see what recent guests have to say.

I would recommend the Grand Hotel Minerve in Rome and the Hotel Flora in Venice.

On our last several trips to Rome we have stayed outside the central historic district, but the Minerve is right behind the Pantheon and fairly close to Piazza Navone.

The Hotel Flora is a couple of "blocks" from Piazza San Marco - really very close.

With the exchange rate what it is, I've no idea what the rates for these hotels will be!

Whatever you choose, have a great visit to both of these most beautiful cities!

Hi I&MsMom ...

Thank you for the valuable information! I will certainly look into staying at the two hotels that you recommended.

If you have any other suggestions, they would be more than welcomed.

Have A Great Day!

Sandra

We had a great hotel in each city. I do not know how much the rates have gone up since our trip but at the time of booking they were the cheapest hotels over 3 star. Both have a great location.

Rome: Hotel Forum

Venice: Hotel Bellini

HI again Sandra...In July, we're trying the hotel Ala, about a 5 minute walk to San MArco. It's also 50m from the Giglio vaporetto stop so a treat with luggage. Booked a deluxe room on their website http://www.bestwestern.com

We stayed at the Palazzo del Giglio for a week three years ago through a timeshare exchange. It's across the square from the Ala. It's in a nice area with small shops, a grocery store and a pastry store. The area didn't seem busy, even in the height of summer. Wish their prices were more resonable: I'd stay again in a flash.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived