Vancouver Beluga Encounter

We have booked this for the end of May, before our cruise departs. It looks awesome! Up close with a beluga? I figure...how can it be bad??!!

They say that they outfit you in waterproof gear but to still bring a change of clothes because you are going to get very wet. It sounds so fun!

Thanks Grouchy. That's the site where I first saw the info about the encounter. It sounds so neat! Have you ever done it?

On previous cruises I have snorkled with stingrays, swam with dolphins, and in Tahiti next week I'm going to meet the sharks! Belugas would really "round out" my experiences. :)

Winterstar, we don't go until the end of August, so I would love to hear from you after you get back. Below my signature is a link to our website where you can find my email address. I would appreciate it so much if you would bookmark it and write me when you return.

BTW, if you're interested, the site has reviews and pictures of most all of our cruises. I will be able to add French Polynesia around mid March! :D

• 1 month later...

Winterstar and Grouchy,

If you're still around, we are back from French Polynesia / Marquesas; and we have posted our review with pictures at www.thepreismans.com I snorkled with the sharks!! Lots of them. I still can't believe I did it. In the pictures, those legs dangling among the sharks are mine.

The absolute neatest thing though was called the Aqua Safari in Bora Bora. I walked on the bottom with a helmet that made you feel like you were inside an aquarium looking out at hundreds of beautiful fish. :cool:

I can't wait to do the whales in Vancouver!

Oh my God I could never do that! It looks like you had a beautiful trip! :D

Sharks! *shudder*

I am going to face my fear of heights at the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver. (I'm pretty scared of heights). But at least the bridge doesn't bite!

This was a "face my fear" thing also. I have always been terrified of sharks, to the point that I won't even watch them on TV. If you read the review, you'll see that Mike even commented about that.

Okay, I did it. I faced it. I conquered it. BUT!! I have no intention of ever doing it again. No sharks for me.

• 3 months later...

Hello?? Are you still here? I posted the Beluga Encounter in my extremely long review on the Alaska board, if you want to check it out. (It's near the top, don't worry). Would I recommend it? YES!

Have a great trip....

LOL they DEFINATELY have a sense of humor.

My face and hair got splashed, but I turned my head when she went back to reload. My hair and face weren't soaked just...splashed. By the time we left the aquarium we were dry (I was wearing a ball cap though) . The only reason my shirt got wet is because I hadn't zipped up my rain coat all of the way, (it was warm and sunny) and the water went right down my shirt. :D

Archived