Booking a DCL Excursion

tontok

Hello,

I would like to reserve an excursion that currently states "No reservations available". Is there a waiting list? What are the chances that people cancel their DCL excursions?

I know that the DCL website states to check the site often for availability but I have been checking 2X a day for 2 weeks and I cant see that any of the excursions have changed.

Thanks

Marina

People do change excursions quite often. Many do it once on board even. There is an excursion counter in the Atrium , so if you dont see any openings before your cruise check with them upon boarding.

Plus many DCL excursions can be easily done on our own with a local taxi or local excursion.

Depending on what you wanted to do?

Just have to make sure you get back well in advance of all aboard because the ship wont wait if your late on a private excursion.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I know this doesn't sound likely to happen: if a DCL excursion doesn't come back aboard on time, will the cruise wait?

Chongwen

Officially they dont wait, however i have been on the ship a few times when we left 30 minutes late due to someone getting back late.

But I have also been on the ship when it left without someone before too. More than once!!!

If you do a morning excursion so you have plenty of extra time there should be NO problem. Just allow that extra time for a flat tire or break down or heavy traffic and you'll be fine. People do private excursions or just take a taxi so they can cantrol the time better all the time.

Hi Kathy,

I know this doesn't sound likely to happen: if a DCL excursion doesn't come back aboard on time, will the cruise wait?

Chongwen

Yes, they will wait for a late DCL excursion. Private excursions not so much.

DCL holds some of the excursion reservations for on-board booking. Try the excursion desk when you board.

Once we had a DCL excursion where traffic was so bad we got back almost an hour late and they waited for us NO problem.

But we were late for dinner. The staff was great and they zipped us right through dinner so we didnt miss a thing. We actually were caught up with our table mates by dessert and never felt rushed.

Kathy

We've always booked our own "adventures". We found with Disney they are pretty close to double what we pay on our own. Unless I was doing something dangerous, I always book on my own. Look around the message board and online and see what deals you can find for the excursions you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Archived