Recently on the Fram????

pmar93

I'm new to these boards so this may have been addressed, but I can't find the information by searching. My husband and I are booked on the Fram for the February 2011 Polar Circle Quest. Since we are traveling to South America anyway, we are planning to spend a few days in the Galopagos Islands before the Antarctica cruise.

Our main concern is packing for two very different climates on the same trip. Is the Fram warm enough that lighter weight clothing would not be a problem when we are inside? I'm hoping that some zip off leg pants and a sweater or two would make some of the same clothes suitable for both climates. I realize that we'll need outdoor gear, but I'm concerned about the time we're inside the ship.

Is there a coin laundry on the ship or does the staff do the laundry? I have seen both ways indicated on the reviews and boards that I have read. We'll probably need to do laundry once or twice while on the ship. I am hoping that someone who was a recent passenger can tell me what was available for the 2009-2010 season. Thanks!

Archived