Atlantica 02/27/05 Soy milk on board??

CaptainDaddy

Hey there everybody, we'll be on the Atlantica on 2/27/05 for a week. We'll be bringing our 17 month old on his first cruise. We haven't been on Costa before and were wondering about some things for him. He is allergic to cows milk and we arn't sure if we should bring along our own Soy milk. If they have it on board or not. I'd sure hate to use up my baggage allowance on soy milk! Also anyone know of a good place for a day on the beach with a little one in Coz. We'll be doing our own snorkeling adventure on Cayman. We find that most of the cruise lines charge way too much for the excursions. We are in our 30's and are a little more adventurous. We'll be travelling with our sons grandparents and his aunt and her boyfriend. Lots of help to keep the little guy in line and let us go snorkeling for an afternoon. Any feedback on the Soy milk sure would help. This will be our first vacation since he was born and boy and I looking forward to it!:)

Hey, I answered you earlier about the milk. Good luck with your son. Ours went at 8mo, 20mo, and just recently at 34mo. We have graduated from the soy formula packets to the boxed tetra-pack soy. Now that I see how young he is, does he still drink similac of formual soy? We kept our son used to it as a travel back-up. We don't do that anymore, but it was convenient at 20 months.

We were just in GC and Cozumel. We did Stingray City. We brought him along, and the water was shallow enough to hold him comfortably in it. The boat ride out was fast though, you have to hold the kids tightly. In Cozumel we went to Chankanaab. There is a $12 admission for adults, kids are free/cheaper. There is snorkeling and a beach area with shade. We made sure to get there early to grab an umbrella, as our beach umbrella is in a taxi's trunk in Miami now.

We were very worried about sun exposure for our son. We bought him an SPF 50 suit with long legs/sleeves. Kind of like a wetsuit, but cheaper. http://www.onestepahead.com has them. We also had a white gauzy SPF-50 coverall for him from there that we would use sometimes (we called it his bubble-boy suit) I am totally not trying to lecture you about the sun, I just thought I'd mention this because the cruising crowd is competetive and everyone wants the shade/umbrellas.

Thanks for the input. We are lucky he went from breast milk to soy milk (not formula) so it is easy to get tetra packs of it. We basically only give it to him when its time for bed, so if we need to bring 2 or 3 litres it won't be too bad. We also have a Body Glove suit for him. Its a SPF 50 as well. Luckily we also have Grandma and Grampa along with Auntie and her Boyfriend coming with us so we'll be able to enjoy some time alone without having to worry to much. We've decided to snorkel at cheeseburger reef and a couple of wrecks in GC. My folks are going to take Joey for a couple of hours and we can just rent the gear and swim in from shore for next to nothing. I think we'll wait til next time for the Stingrays for him. 2 weeks to go and I can't wait to feel the sun on my face!!!:cool:

Archived