Hey, Cruise4Andy!

letzgocruzin

Here I am!

I would have not thought that so many people are missing me! ;-) Thanks folks!

I submitted my detailed review a long time ago, that was on the 7th of February, right after we came back. Don't know why it is not posted yet. I got a confirmation that CC received my review and that it should be posted within the next few days...????

But if you have any questions in the meantime, just ask away...

Yes, I do have pics from the cabin... still have to download them on the computer, but will post them right here...

No, not an urban legend, but a beautiful appointed cabin with huge (and I mean HUGE) balcony with outstanding views!

Look for the new thread, as CC seemed to have misplaced my detailed review under the review section, I posted it now here in the Costa forum...

I'll post some cabin pics as well....

We didn't get a suite, but we got the next best thing. Our room was 6283 on the Meditteranea and it is one of those funky rooms that is turned sideways, rather squarish - not like the long narrow, galley room that I've had many times before. We got the impression that this is a room suggested for those who are in wheelchairs since there is extra maneuvering (sp?) space.

The bonus...our deck was longer & wider than most who had suites! And we did not feel cramped in the least. I will definitely be requesting this room again if I get the chance and save the $$ for other stuff.

Okay, a few questions about the panaroma suites....

Did you get full room service for all 3 meals anytime you desired them?

Was your butler good about this?

Did you get to keep your robe that was provided with the suite?

How WAS the food?

What do you know about drink cards?

Can you take any kind of beverage on the ship with you?

Do you have a mini fridge in the suite?

Anything that you just loved about this particular western carb. cruise or anything we need to know or take with us when we go in March?

Thanks!!!!!

We had a regular suite and loved it as well. Very well appointed and large. The only complaint I had the entire week was the food. It was really under par and I have never said that before. Just about everyone I talked to agreed about the food. I'm not saying it was horrible or anything like that. Not everything was bad but I did not have one good entree the entire week except in the Medusa and I must say the food and service there was absolutley incredible, perfect actually. The rest of the cruise was wonderful, a little rough a few nights but that's life on the high seas. We drank them out bud light. haha. I do have to add that My friend and I were the first ones to be served a drink on the 6th. hahah

Iowa guy

letsgocruzin:

About the roomservice in the Panorama Suite:

You have a regular breakfast menu available in your cabin, which you can fill out and hang on the door. This includes items such as a selection of bread, rolls, croissants, jelly, honey, coffee, espresso, cappocino, cereal, etc. But if you ask your butler nicely, he/she will bring you also something different.

If you look through your information package (usually placed on the dresser) you will find a separate "SUITE" card, where it is explained that full in room dining is available during the regular hours. Snacks can be ordered 24/7.

So if you want to have luch or dinner in your suite or on your balcony, suite passengers will have that option complimentary!

Robes and slippers are provided, but I don't really know if you can take them. We ordered an anniversary package, which includes two brand new robes anyway, so those we took of course.

About the food:

Sorry, Iowaguy, but in regards of the food I can not agree with you. I thought the food was excellent with nothing to complain about. I agree though that the Club Medusa is an outstanding dining experience not to be missed while on board. Other meals were wonderful as well, so in my opinion Costa deserves a "10" rating for food.

Drink cards:

Non-alcoholic, non-carbonated drinks are usually available around the clock, such as ice tea, orange juice, grapefruit juice, coffee and tea.

You can purchase a drink booklet, which are coupons for carbonated drinks and virgin mix drinks as well. The booklet is being sold for $35 +15% service charge on board, but if you register online with Costa prior to your cruise, you can book your booklet (which included 20 drinks by the way) for $ 30.

You can take beverages on board. Our table mates brought two bottles of wine, which they did not say anything apparently. Only the heavier stuff they will keep until the last day. You can bring bottled water with you.

(I filled some Crown Royal in a Ice Tea bottle and some white rum in a water bottle... had a great time and nobody even questions it).... Just a little hint.

You have a little mini fridge in your room which is at the same time the mini bar. But there's room for some of your own stuff if you like.

We liked the Western route very much as you have full day stops in ports.

Nothing really to bring except the usual utensil, sunscreen, etc. If you want to bring your own snorkel gear, it may be cheaper than renting it on the different locations. That's what we did this time.

Hope I could help out...

Andy

You've been a great help! Reading your review yesterday was just what we needed to see. You seem to have the right outlook on things and know how to look at things in a great positive way, and we are going with that same spirit when we go in March. We had read a lot of your posts before we even booked Costa, and they helped us make up our mind to cruise with them. Thanks again for the info!

letsgocruzin:

Thank you so much for your comment. I just wish one thing: That we could go in March again!!! ;-)

Oh, well, I think we'll have to wait until 2006, but I already requested the Fall '05/Winter '06 brochure from Costa, so that we can book on time!!!

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the ship, the ports and of course... the food! And all the other great things!!!

Please let me know if you need anything else... I'll be more than happy to help out as much as I can....

Andy

Archived