Kids club help RCI

Tink78

Hi we are going on our first cruise next July on the Independence of the seas 14 night Med treasures, my son will be in the 9-11yrs kids club can anyone tell me what its like? did your children enjoy it? what kind of activities do they do?

Thanks in advance !

Becky

My kids LOVE the Freedom class ships. We haven't been fortunate enough to spend 14 consecutive nights onboard, but we have been on Indy when she was over here sailing from the states. My oldest daughter is in the 9-11 year old group. She had a wonderful time at AO.

Some of the kids pages are at the link in my signature.

Have a great time!

We were on the 7/25 Sailing of the Navigator of the Seas in the Mediterranean. We kept teasing my 8 and 11 year olds about Kids Club (Adventure Ocean) for months before we left... saying we were going to leave them there all day (I know, we are mean :) So, needless to say, they weren't really looking forward to kids club. They ate with us in the Dining Room on the first night, and on the second night, we brought them to the buffet, then left them at Kids Club at 7:00. They didn't really want to go, and we felt a little guilty. We went over at 9:00 to pick them up (early) and they both said NO WAY, we want to stay to the end. They never ate with us in the Dining Room again (we actually wanted them too a few times, and the answer was NO, more kids club). If we let them, they would be there all day!

I gave my son, who is 11, in and out privileges. He loved the freedom of being able to check himself out. However, since he never wanted to leave, he maybe only checked himself out once or twice. I asked him what it was about kids club that was so great, and he said "Mom, 2 minutes after I got there we were laughing and having fun". My verdict is that the instructors are so good, and the games are so well organized, that it makes all the difference. Its not like they are in the pool or on the computer... they basically did fun activities and played games. It kind of shocks me that they can keep 9 to 11 year olds so entertained, but they did! My daughter was in the Explorers room 7-9 years old (I think), and she made so many friends from all over the world.

My kids said the cruise was more fun than Disney!

Enjoy!

Sally

Archived