Tipping: Your Standards

platinum.wannabe

I'm a a little picky about tips- Now mind you I was a hairstylist for many years and my income was pretty reliant on them

with that being said. I wont tip some one if they do a poor job, some people tip regardless- however my thoughts are these people are getting paid their wages to provide a service I'm not going to pay them to do what they are already being paid to do. what I do tip for and I tip well for is a job done well! Some one who who does their job and does it will- I tip VERY well for some one who goes even above and beyond doing whats expected of their job or some one who helps make my experience a better one!

on my last cruise I tipped very well my room steward and his assistant, My waiter and the people at the podium they were always so friendly and made sure to get us seated with our favorite waiter, always new our names and when they would see us in the hall would stop to talk to us, etc! They come over ot dance by us durign the show..

other then that I let the auto tips take care of the rest.

I didnt tip our maiter D (sp?) because I never once saw him I heard him a few times on the mic but I never even got a glimpse of the mans face- some people think that was wrong but sicne i never even saw him I jsut didnt feel obligated to tip him.

the other thing I neeed to add was "tipping" is an optional thing all together- you are not required to give some one a gratuity and you cannot be FORCED to tip some one..- If needed and if I felt I had a bad ship expiernce -(which I dont think carnival is capable of because I had a fabulous time) I would remove my auto tips all together! and only tip those I felt deserved it.

Archived