Upgraded to PSB104 Sapphire - How Bad is Movement

K-Roo-Zers

Hi All,

Just been upgraded for our 29 night cruise from Sydney to LA. We know some cruisers never get upgraded, so we are delighted and are very much looking forward to the suite perks that will be extended to us.

I have been looking back at older posts regarding the issue of wind and not being able to use our balcony while at sea and also read that the movement could be bad due to its extreme forward position.

I am looking to hear from people who have been upgraded and how they coped.

I know most of you wouldn't pay for this suite, given the choice you would buy an aft, and I understand that, but this isn't the issue.

I have been raised to never look a gift horse in the mouth and be grateful and humble.

Our original selected cabin was an AC Mini on Dolphin (uncovered balcony) which also, was forward, so presumably and hopefully?? there won't be much difference with movement!!

I have always taken some medication just in case of sea-sickness, but luckily have never suffered - touch wood. This is my main concern in this cabin.

I also read that somebody said the wind was so bad, they heard the furniture bashing into things. I couldn't work out why the furniture wasn't moved, even placed inside???

Could anybody also confirm that this suite does not have:-

(a) the same bathroom and jacuzzi as other suites. I believe it has the same bathroom as the Minis and

(b) a walk-in-robe or wet bar

We are not concerned about the above - we did not pay for them, so are not expecting them.

We are looking forward to a fantastic cruise and even better perks.

Nicki

I have been on the baja deck in the forward Balcony. It is windy when at sea, however, the room steward we had would check each day and if it wasn't to bad left it unlocked as long as we promised to shut the sliding glass door when were out on the balcony. It is always locked at night as the do not want the reflection of the light diminishing the quality of visibility from the bridge.

FYI. In regards to movement, I did not find it bad, but it was to the Mexican Riviera. I do not get seasick so I am not a good guide. However if the seas are rough the ship will go up and down quite a bit. I found it better than when seas were rough when I was in a cabin forward but not straight forward. The motion is more consistent in the very forward cabins, if that makes sense.

Congratulations on your upgrade.

We have sailed in B104 on the Sapphire. While very comfortable, it's not a suite we would book again. But, as an upgrade, enjoy it! You'll have access to breakfast in Sabatini's, the DVD library, free laundry, free internet, canapes, and priority boarding/disembarkation/tendering.

As you've heard, the balcony is mostly unusable while at sea; VERY windy. Cruising at slow speed or in port however, it's wonderful and huge! (Since the balcony door is on the side of the ship, no one will lock your balcony door. They will ask that you keep the drapes drawn at night in the bedroom, since that window faces forward and you're right below the bridge.)

Motion is always more noticeable that far forward, but I don't remember it being excessive.

The bathroom is identical to the mini-suite bathrooms. Tile instead of marble. No separate shower or jacuzzi tub.

No walk-in closet; there are four closets lining the short hall between the sitting room & bedroom.

No wet bar. The "bar" is in a small cupboard above the sitting room television.

We did like that there was a door between the sitting room and the bedroom. There is also a good sized desk/counter in the bedroom. The sofa in the sitting room is larger that the settee in some other suites. Due to the curve of the hull & position of the sitting room desk, floor space is a bit cramped.

What I really disliked about this suite--and this is going to sound so petty--was that it was so white! All the veneers are white, instead of the wood grain found in other types of suites, and there is so much of it! Not very attractive. (See, I told you it was petty!)

Again, congratulations on your upgrade. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Archived