Parasailing at Labadee?

It really depends on how much of an adrenaline junkie you are. It's fun on the way up but does get a bit boring and wasn't as much of a "rush" as we were expecting. It really depends on the experience you are looking for.

10/16 NOS
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

My husband believes we were up in the air for close to 10min or so, maybe less, maybe more but around taht time. The view was great so I think you will enjoy it.

10/16 NOS
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

• 2 months later...
According to the RCI website, the weight limit is a combined 375 pounds. My husband and 13 yr old daughter are considering this excursion. Obviously he weighs a lot more than her, though they're under the combined limit. Did anyone notice any mismatched pairs like this and does it affect your flight at all? What is the landing like? Does the boat slow down and you gradually glide down to the sea? How do you keep from getting tangled in the parasail? Thanks.

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]My DW and I parasailed there two years ago and would do it again.[/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]The rush going up, then the silence while you're up there, floating over the top of the ship are things not to be missed. Book this excursion early, it fills up fast. Also, try to do it as early as possible, they made a big thing out of not drinking alcohol before you get on the boat. This was one of the highlights of our Explorer cruise. Go for it![/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/font][/i]

The landing and take off is a bit tricky. You will take off and land from the boat as it will slow down some. You have to bring your knees up high and as soon as your feet touch, stand up. As you come down are coming down, you are essentially being reeled into the boat. There will be someone to catch the parasail and keep it from getting tangled. The one recomendation I would make for Parasailing is to schedule it early. When we went they were behind by several hours and we almost didn't get to go. ALso get on the ship several hours beforehand otherwise you will be standing in a long line for the tender.

Agree with everyone, you'll enjoy it. Did it this past July and had a great experience. As with the other post, try to schedule it early so do get caught
in the backlog as the day goes on.
Also, take a camera and have someone in the boat take several pictures as you hook up, take off, up in the air and the landing. Makes for great pictures to show everyone.
Try to book the excursion either online before you go or as soon as you get on the ship. It sometimes fills up pretty fast.

Have fun,

Dave in Ky

Archived