11:05 a.m. return flight...should I go for it?

martdm

I know the official cruiseline motto is 'no flights before noon'. That said, it seems like every time we've cruised we end up sitting around the airport for what seems like forever waiting for our afternoon flight. I also know that there is always the chance of some bizarre weather or customs issue delaying the ship's clearance, but that these things are a rarity.

We're looking at a cruise that ends 3/26 and there is a great direct flight that would get us right out of Orlando and have us home mid-afternoon, but it departs at 11:05 a.m. With a three year old in tow, this seems just too perfect to pass up! We will have a private car service to bring us to MCO.

My gut says to go for it but, this is our first time cruising on Disney so I guess I need a little reassurance from the cruise peanut-gallery that, barring some odd scenario delaying the ship, this time is workable 99% of the time.

(worst case scenario, I just have to get us rebooked if the odd delay does occur, right?)

We had an eleven o'clock flight a couple of times and made it with no problem.

We ate early in the buffet, NOT the sit down like they suggest. It is faster, then headed to the atrium to wait for them to let the first people to get off the ship. It only takes about 10 to 15 to be off, find luggage and get through customs. Usually you are cleared around 7:30 a.m. by customs to get off the ship.

They will let a few get off, then stop the line for maybe 5 minutes and let more go. It really give people time enough to get out of the way for the next group. It really is a great system.

Anyway we walked right out and got on the Disney bus and zipped the hour to the airport. I believe we got there around 9 a.m., checked right in at a Kiosk, went through security then sat down for a bit more to eat and by then it was time to board the plane. It worked great for us, but you need to remember there is always a chance the ship may arrive a little late or customs takes a bit longer to clear the ship for debarkation too. It is rare but can happen.

Myself i would go ahead and go for it, just head for the atrium early and stand and wait.

Thanks for the information! I felt like it would be OK but just needed a little confidence to take the leap :)

I forgot to mention too that we'll be concierge level in a suite...does that get me any sort of priority debarkation (I know it does for embarkation)?

Archived