Disney Alaska Shore Excursion Preview & Trivia Contest

Dan Askin

We've been in Alaska for the past four days previewing Disney's approach to shore tours. In Ketchikan, Skagway and Juneau, the line is going to be tweaking the greatest hits (fishing derby) and offering some unique onshore experiences (one involving dog sledding). If anyone has anyone questions, ask away. And don't forget to play some trivia -- we have some great Alaska swag to give away.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1186

We've been in Alaska for the past four days previewing Disney's approach to shore tours. In Ketchikan, Skagway and Juneau, the line is going to be tweaking the greatest hits (fishing derby) and offering some unique onshore experiences (one involving dog sledding). If anyone has anyone questions, ask away. And don't forget to play some trivia -- we have some great Alaska swag to give away.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1186

I've been following the articles each day (looking forward to the last one tomorrow). Since Disney has been so quiet about their excursions, I was wondering if you found out (roughly) how many they plan to offer. In looking at Princess' website, they have so many to choose from. I am hoping that Disney will have a nice variety as well, not just a few "favorites.":)

I've been following the articles each day (looking forward to the last one tomorrow). Since Disney has been so quiet about their excursions, I was wondering if you found out (roughly) how many they plan to offer. In looking at Princess' website, they have so many to choose from. I am hoping that Disney will have a nice variety as well, not just a few "favorites.":)

Hi MMMCruiser,

Disney has maintained that it'll have all the standard Alaska options typically offered by most lines. They haven't supplied much more information than that at this point. The key is that, in addition to the greatest hits, there will be a series of "Disney-only" offerings in each port.

Juneau (glacier trekking, dog sledding, Taku lodge) should be up in the next couple of hours. It's just out of the editing queue and into production.

Hi Dan,

I have read each of your reviews with great interest. I appreciate all of the information you have provided. I am looking forward to Jan. when Disney posts the excursions and prices.

Thanks,

Susan

Hi MMMCruiser,

Disney has maintained that it'll have all the standard Alaska options typically offered by most lines. They haven't supplied much more information than that at this point. The key is that, in addition to the greatest hits, there will be a series of "Disney-only" offerings in each port.

Juneau (glacier trekking, dog sledding, Taku lodge) should be up in the next couple of hours. It's just out of the editing queue and into production.

Thank you so much for your response! I have read all 3 of the articles now and really appreciate getting the opportunity to see a "sneak peek" of what Disney is planning. And great to know that they'll have the standard excursions offered as well. We are really looking forward to our cruise to Alaska!

Hi Dan,

I have read each of your reviews with great interest. I appreciate all of the information you have provided. I am looking forward to Jan. when Disney posts the excursions and prices.

Thanks,

Susan

All the journos asked Disney repeatedly about pricing, but unfortunately, the response was that it was too early to even offer a ball park figure ... that said, I tried to provide some pricing for the "standard" offerings so that cruisers have an idea of the absolute bottom end of the range.

Archived