Gluten Free on CB 9/18-9/25

kcl

If you have selected Anytime Dining on the Caribbean Princess, please be sure to use the Island Dining Room and request Amado - Head Waiter from Portugal. I neglected to ask how long he would be sailing on the Caribbean Princess, but he is a jewel.

I require a Gluten Free diet and, when we arrived at our cabin, there was a card informing me that the ship knew about my dietary restrictions and that I should contact the dining staff when I arrived. After we were seated, Amado came and talked to me about that evening's selections and let me know that he would discuss the following night's menu with me at the end of the meal. What he didn't tell me is that every night he would surprise me with a special gluten free dessert! Every one was indeed special and really delicious - a slice of chocolate mousse layer cake, a berry compote with sorbet, a fabulous creme brulee, and more.

We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet and I was careful about what I selected. I didn't experience any stomach difficulties. There are so many choices - it really wasn't a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you have selected Anytime Dining on the Caribbean Princess, please be sure to use the Island Dining Room and request Amado - Head Waiter from Portugal. I neglected to ask how long he would be sailing on the Caribbean Princess, but he is a jewel.

I require a Gluten Free diet and, when we arrived at our cabin, there was a card informing me that the ship knew about my dietary restrictions and that I should contact the dining staff when I arrived. After we were seated, Amado came and talked to me about that evening's selections and let me know that he would discuss the following night's menu with me at the end of the meal. What he didn't tell me is that every night he would surprise me with a special gluten free dessert! Every one was indeed special and really delicious - a slice of chocolate mousse layer cake, a berry compote with sorbet, a fabulous creme brulee, and more.

We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet and I was careful about what I selected. I didn't experience any stomach difficulties. There are so many choices - it really wasn't a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

that is fantastic......Princess does know how to take care of their guests......

Gluten free pizza is available, but you have to request it in advance according to the man serving up the pizza on the Lido deck. I meant to ask the Head Waiter on Thursday night (Friday was the only sea day so I knew we'd be eating lunch on the ship) for a pizza, but forgot. I don't know if GF cookies are available - didn't think to ask. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Archived