Passport stamped?

ReelG8r

If you give your passport to the purser the night before they will have it stamped for you. You might ask earlier in your cruise because sometimes there is only one person at the purser's desk that can help you with it and if they aren't on duty the night before you may be out of luck. I've found that is is difficult, if not impossible, to get your passport stamped once you get off the ship. The best bet is to have the purser do it for you when immigration comes on board to clear the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

When we went in October 2008 we forgot Grand Cayman was an hour earlier than ship time - we docked at 09.00 ship time and wondered, "Why aren't the stores open?" We then laughed and had breakfast at one of the cafes.

Anyway, we had our passports stamped in Grand Cayman, and I guess since we were the first ones to ask, they forgot to put a date on it:

Cayman Islands 2008

We haven't had luck with asking Guest Services to get our passport stamped, so we try and find out where to get them.

Anyway, we had our passports stamped in Grand Cayman, and I guess since we were the first ones to ask, they forgot to put a date on it:

Cayman Islands 2008

We haven't had luck with asking Guest Services to get our passport stamped, so we try and find out where to get them.

The last time I flew into Grand Cayman the immigration officer commented on that same stamp, I had acquired on a cruise. He told me that he had not seen that stamp in years. They do not use it for arrivals into the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

It hadn't occurred to us to have our passports stamped while on our cruises, but on our 3rd one this spring we saw people asking to have theirs stamped in the immigration office in Jamaica. We were excited like little kids in a candy store & happened to have them with us. We asked everywhere that cruise & have never been denied. We just go to the immigration office at the port. The hubby had both of ours stamped in GC & said the gal working the office gave him the stink eye when he asked. He didn't care, he wanted the stamps! If only we'd known to ask in Croatia, Turkey, & Greece!

• 1 month later...
Found out the Immigration office at the port will stamp passports after 11:30 in the morning. Just knock on the door before entering. The girl was very polite inside.

Our children are dying to have their passports stamped. Where is the Immigration Office located?

Archived