Can it be done?

tyd

DH and I are stopping in Antigua on our S.Caribbean Princess cruise in Nov. We want to get a day pass to Sandals Grande Antigua, but we are also interested in Jolly Beach since we read so many great reviews aout it here on this forum. My question is, "Is it possible to do both in one day"? I was thinking of doing Sandals Grande in the AM and JollyBeach in the afternoon.

Does anyone know how far apart the two are away from each other? If you had to choose, which one would you choose and why?

We welcome any and all comments and suggestions.

Thanks

tyd

DH and I are stopping in Antigua on our S.Caribbean Princess cruise in Nov. We want to get a day pass to Sandals Grande Antigua, but we are also interested in Jolly Beach since we read so many great reviews aout it here on this forum. My question is, "Is it possible to do both in one day"? I was thinking of doing Sandals Grande in the AM and JollyBeach in the afternoon.

Does anyone know how far apart the two are away from each other? If you had to choose, which one would you choose and why?

We welcome any and all comments and suggestions.

Thanks

tyd

Hi TYd

Personally I would not go to either It all depends on whhat you want but

these two places are resort Hotels Sandals is nearest the port,only ten mins oor so by taxi Jolly Beach is the other side of the Island I would say it would be a waste of cash paying for both. Also if you want a beach then Sandals has had a disaster with the sea currents ripping away the whole beach right up to the hotel I beleive some of it has now come back but I don't know how much.

As I said both are resort hotels Sandals being the highest grade of the two But for heavens sake you are on wall to wall luxury on the ship why not see a bit of the Island and enjoy some other beaches that are fantastic.

Get a taxi and take a picknic and buy a sun umbrella in town before you go and ride out to Half Moon bay In my opinion has to be the joint best beach in the world (there must be some beach somewhere that can equal it ) There are no facilities on it but just back up the road to the beach is Smiling Harrys bar ( he will get you a return taxi) He has to be the nicest guy in the world and Sooooooo Laid back.

Try Valley church beach; my wife and I swam there one day and were the only people on the beach also an Osprey swooped down and took a fish from the sea only 20 yards from us,a sight I will never forget.

Finnish your day at Runaway bay at the Sandhaven beach bar where you can stay until the last minute as it is only ten mins from the ship.

But I suppose If all you want is an all inclusive bar with the same food you have on the ship with service that does not have character then

your suggested opptions are fine.

Have a great time

Archived