Trip review off of the Triumph

Flyingirl

Hey everyone!

Just got off a great cruise on 10/2! I will give the highlights of what all we found. It was the 4th cruise for my husband and I and our first on Carnival. We had avoided Carnival as we had heard it would be filled with kids, rowdy and have bad food. We were wrong and we were very impressed! (I know, kids are in school so it may be that way in the summer and during spring break.) The food was better than Princess and NCL. Also, the service was top notch! Better on both accounts than we were expecting! And, our room was one of the largest we have had! We loved the gym on the ship and it was the best we have seen on a ship. The changing room included a steam room and shower. A great way to relax each day before getting ready for dinner. We would take our robes up to the gym with us and shower for the evening there when done and wear the robes back to our room. Felt like I was in a spa each day! There was ample deck seating for everyone and people were respectful of each other. We never had problems finding deck loungers.

In Belize we arranged our own excursion thru Unique Dive Adventures in San Pedro. We took a flight on Tropic Air to San Pedro and a private snorkel tour of the preserve. (Just the 3 of us and the 2 guides) It was as good as Grand Cayman and the Great Barrier Reef! When we got back on the boat there was iced beer, water and fresh cut up local fruit awaiting us! We then went to Shark Ray Alley and had a great time there! The nurse sharks were being chummed off of the starboard side and we got into the water with them off of the port side! There was more than 20 and the largest one was 8 feet. That was such a thrill that none of us were expecting. It was them back to shore where we had a homemade local lunch that was so yummy! (beans and rice, stewed chicken, mashed potatoes, local fruit and chocolate) We then got a tour of San Pedro town and made it to the airport at the perfect time. (meaning not having to wait too long!) The company is owned by two brothers - Enrique and Edgar. Enrique's wife works at Tropic air and is from Minneapolis originally. So, she keep an eye on the flights for us so we did not have to worry about making it back to Belize.

Our ship skipped Roatan due to the storm so no snorkeling there.

Also, we went to the Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. I know, there are people that oppose swimming with dolphins but we have always wanted to. We pre-booked it online and saved money and the ultimate dolphin swim was fabulous! The park was very nice and clean and the guides were bilingual. They did a great job of making things as nice for us as they could. We could also take our own waterproof camera in the water. There was no pressure to buy the pictures at the end. And, there was snorkeling available. (Not much to see but, the water was beautiful!) There was also restaurants, beach areas and a fresh water pool. It is off season so it was pretty empty of guests. Would have been a little more fun on the beach with more people.

Also, the lunch in the MDR on the ship was way better than the buffet!

Enjoy your cruise for those of you going!

I love reading reviews from those who have sailed other lines. It really adds perspective. :) It's also good to see that some of the wacky purely negative reviews of Triumph that I'd seen here lately really are off.

Your trip sounds like it was fantastic! We (well, I) did the dolphin swim on our first trip to Cozumel & it really was something to remember. We loved Chankanaab.

Just a little over 9 weeks to go!

Thanks! We are sailing on the Triumph in 19 days and I am glad to hear it will be great!

Your post is the most depressing I have read in a long time...

We will be on the Triumph on the Oct. 16 cruise, so we will be debarking when you are boarding...

So...in 19 day, my cruise will be finished....over...done...yuck.

Thank you! We boarded the Triumph the day you left her. You took good care of her for us! :D We have sailed on the Triumph 3 times this year and loved all 3.

Tell me, did you see Richard Simmons on your cruise? I know he had his Cruise To Lose that week. :)

Thanks for sharing!! So glad you enjoyed your first Carnival cruise. Glad to read some positive reviews of the Triumph for a change. We will be sailing on her in March and I was getting a little worried reading all the negative reviews.

Does it cost extra to use the gym facility? Have never gone to the gym before on a ship. The steam room and shower sounds wonderful and so much easier than trying to shower in the cabin shower. Do they have saunas? We leave on Triumph next Saturday for a 7 day Eastern. Can't wait!:D

Archived