AOS balcony hump question...

Sass4

and do NOT laugh either...:D

It looks like they have white metal on the bottom of the rail instead of glass? Can that be true?

Do any balconies have glass on the bottom?

I am too short and when sitting in the chairs can't see nuffin....

It looks like they have white metal on the bottom of the rail instead of glass? Can that be true?

I'm short too! But all the balconies look like they are a big oval cut out of the metal No glass on the bottom like Freedom class. But you can still see the ocean, just have to stand up to see the water up against the ship. I usually only sit out on the balcony to read and just stand up and lean over the railing every once in a while. It probably won't bother you as much as you think! Any balcony is a good one. The only one I would think twice about getting is one where there is a door to the outside... kind of like a storm door :rolleyes:.. it just wouldn't be the same without the clear window and sliding door.

We have been on the AOS twice in the last two years. The first time we had a aft facing junior suite. The balcony was huge. You will have some obstruction with your view, but you will not notice it very much. We have tried to get an aft cabin if possible since then. The metal on the bottom rail should not be a problem. You will enjoy the aft balcony. You will love the AOS. Book the ice skating show tickets as soon as you can, once on board. The tickets usually seem to be gone in the first couple days.

Sitting on the balcony watching the wake, just makes you feel completely relaxed

What is your aft cabin number. We had cabin 1394

Enjoy It

On the AOS the railings are not all glass. They do in fact have a metal bottom to them as the balconies are cut out of the ship in place of the newer ships where the balconies are built out with all glass.

Here is a photo of a cabin located on the hump. It is the RS but it does give you an idea of what the balconies look like. I don't think that you will have an issue.

AdventureOTS113.jpg

Mine is 6618 and when I looked at pics I found online I went ...........EWWWWWWWW

Edited to add I went and looked at pics from our prev cruise, and we did have the glass bottom. So maybe it's just a hump thing?

Mine is 6618 and when I looked at pics I found online I went ...........EWWWWWWWW

Edited to add I went and looked at pics from our prev cruise, and we did have the glass bottom. So maybe it's just a hump thing?

The Voyager, Explorer and Adventure are the only ships built this way. The Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty and Independence have the glass balconies and it's not just a hump thing on those three ships. All the balconies are the same.

This is the Voyager on the left in the first picture of the two ships.

It was posted on here by CC Cindy. We had the same type balcony on the AOS hump last year.

We had a middle hump and yet I found the carpet stayed wet the whole cruise as we did not get much sun.

The picture with the clear balconies is the Mariner. My own opinion is they are much nicer if you are someone who loves to watch the water as we do.

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge them.

2756783380064365838S600x600Q85.jpg.58c4ef2a40d0e3bd2bd849bf08fe8a34.jpg

humpcabintouchedup.jpg.3dcf84f04c53c07e83c413f0b78e4c76.jpg

Archived