Ruby Princess

shark5

Either one would be a good choice, it really depends on how you are planning to spend your time. Mini cabins are larger, there is more room to relax. They have a full bathroom which means bathtub and a separate sitting area. The mini balconies are 9x7 and uncovered, and you can look straight down to the water with no obstructions.

Regular Caribe balc cabins are smaller, have only a shower in a small bathroom, and though comfortable there is no extra sitting area. The balconies are larger. 9x9, and they are half covered/half exposed. You look down on the mini suite balconies.

I have had minis and regular balcony cabins on my cruises. I enjoy both for different reasons. My personal favorite is a BC aft, balc is only 9x5 but I love the location. It would be Riviera deck on the newer grand class ships and Aloha on the older grand ships.

So all I can do is end this post the way I began it. Either one would be a good choice. :D

Yes, that is what I am saying. You can look straight out and see plenty of water but, if you are standing right at your rail you'll be looking down on dolphin balconies. If you are on a dolphin balcony, others above can look down at you. The decks are tiered so dolphin sticks out 7' from caribe. Caribe sticks out some also but because you have partial cover there is more privacy.

Please don't get the wrong impression. Caribe balcs are wonderful with a beautiful view every direction except directly down. The dolphin balcs are also wonderful, most folks who book them don't care about privacy, but enjoy the sunbathing advantage.

Archived