AH on Star - is it a hull balcony?

singinglizzie

No one has posted pictures of the balcony on the new AH category on the Star. I saw photos of the outside of the Star, and don't see any balconies but did see an enclosed section, so I am super curious about these balcony cabins. Can anyone shed any light???

we are booked in one for Feb. I don't know the term hull balcony. There are only 4 of these suites on deck 12. Two on each side of ship. There is a post awhile back showing the rooms. It was opening of the new suites.. The AJ no balcony suites surround them. If you were looking at the outside of the ship, count back 8 large windows, then there is the balcony. The are covered with sky lights in the slanted roof section. Hope I have described them correctly. If I find the photo post, I'll let you know..Dona

I found the photos.. enjoy. Keep scrolling down the page, the AH suite is after the AJ photos. Dona

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1240316

If you look at both the first and 3rd picture for the penthouse balcony suites, you will see that the balcony doesn't look directly onto the water, but there is a structure with a window outside. It probably isn't a hull balcony , but it looks like a very different balcony set-up - it appears "enclosed"? What do you all think???

The one I'm referring to is on page 2, about the 8th photo,maybe you saw these photos, not sure. This was a person who stayed in an AJ family suite, the side of the ship is at the dock, you can see the 2 balconies of the AH . They are not enclosed, but do have sky light type windows above.

http://briang.smugmug.com/Other/Email/13623375_iWU6y#996939850_vLiFF

Are you thinking of booking this cabin type? just wondering.Dona

The one I'm referring to is on page 2, about the 8th photo,maybe you saw these photos, not sure. This was a person who stayed in an AJ family suite, the side of the ship is at the dock, you can see the 2 balconies of the AH . They are not enclosed, but do have sky light type windows above.

http://briang.smugmug.com/Other/Email/13623375_iWU6y#996939850_vLiFF

Are you thinking of booking this cabin type? just wondering.Dona

Thanks Dona, OK I see the "opening" on the side of the ship, so they must not be enclosed. Yes, I keep thinking it would be great to have a balcony - but the AH balcony rooms do not have the murphy wall bed plus the balcony takes up part of the 409 sq ft - so I guess I am trying to justify that I have made the right decision. Our party will have 4 adult women (Mom & sisters) and everyone wants their own bed, not a sofa bed - so the best arrangement is one of the AJ categories - however I've agreed to take the sofa bed :( . I also really like the DOS, but it's $1500 more and again, 2 sofa beds, so I keep looking at other options, and ultimately come back to the one we booked :) !

The ones who have had the AJ really liked it. There is just the two of us in Feb for the AH. First suite for us, and the price was right. We have friends going also and they are in a BA balcony on deck 10. Their first cruise and I know they will enjoy it.

Have fun on your cruise, you are only steps away from the pool deck and deck 13 with a hot tub and lounge chairs.. Planning is the most fun, isn't it!

The ones who have had the AJ really liked it. There is just the two of us in Feb for the AH. First suite for us, and the price was right. We have friends going also and they are in a BA balcony on deck 10. Their first cruise and I know they will enjoy it.

Have fun on your cruise, you are only steps away from the pool deck and deck 13 with a hot tub and lounge chairs.. Planning is the most fun, isn't it!

Yes, planning is fun, but I've become obsessed with information about the Star. It's hard to wait, but it will give me something to look forward to over the cold winter months in Ohio! Brrr

i wanted the AA with the 2 balconies, but not at that price!!LOL. Maybe someday.. I read these boards everyday, also check for price reductions. So far we got 500.00 total off the AH.

We are having Thanksgiving tomorrow(your Columbus Day). Prime rib this year not turkey..the kids and grandkids are coming..

We are also trying to finish up packing for our winter trek to Arizona,come on down, weather in winter is great..Dona(hubby needs another shovel person for his gold prospecting) there's always a catch!!

i wanted the AA with the 2 balconies, but not at that price!!LOL. Maybe someday.. I read these boards everyday, also check for price reductions. So far we got 500.00 total off the AH.

We are having Thanksgiving tomorrow(your Columbus Day). Prime rib this year not turkey..the kids and grandkids are coming..

We are also trying to finish up packing for our winter trek to Arizona,come on down, weather in winter is great..Dona(hubby needs another shovel person for his gold prospecting) there's always a catch!!

Wow, how funny - I grew up in New Mexico - a stone's throw (ok a very big stone) away from Arizona. You must be one of the snow birds we always talked about! Living now in Ohio, and wishing I could be a snow bird, but I do have the Star to look forward to. All my family lives in NM, I'm the only one that didnt move back home :( - but my kids and husband are tied to the Ohio area, so I joke that they are my golden handcuffs!!! We have vacationed a few time in Ontario - it's a lovely area! Well, like you I check the boards everynight before I go to bed if I can. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!!!

Archived