Glad we did not go this year

divadiverfl

Let me clarify my above post somewhat. Not trying to single out the groups I mentioned, although I did. But not to put them down.

My experience is that the ship is alot more crowded with alot of the cabins at max capacity. I'd rather have more of the cabins filled with doubles and not all Quads.

It does get more noisey and things just seem congested to me.;)

We sailed The Volendam in october last year and as a few may recall I had read a few bad reviews on this website I was pretty worried even after every body had tryed to put my mind at rest, I walked onto that ship with my eyes closed, when I opened them I was stunned by the beauty of her and I could not understand how anyone could call her dated and worn in places, I hunted round for ten days trying to find the repulsive sewage smell a few people mentioned never found it. When we were embarking there were a lot of older people( we were a family of seven ages from twelve to seventy five ) but when we eventually got on board there were more of a mix of age ranges than there were older people and I at forty something agree I love older people I say "go for it " There was lots to do its only on our return that I read all the daily happenings I realise how much we missed. All this does not change the fact that your people had a bad time and I am sorry about that, I asked the question last year how could anybody have a bad cruise on this ship and somebody said it could have been something like the weather that clouded the whole cruise.

My Daddy goes on a cruise 3 times a year. He is 76 and known as Bernie Baby. He goes to the gym and pool every day. He is a wonderful dancer and all the women go nuts over him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and I only hope I see at least one person like him on our cruise. I am 54 and DH is 62. It is such a shame people judge people by their age. I have seen many people in their 20's, 30's etc that have no personality. Needless to say I would rather by around my Daddy and have a great time than around some others. Just remember one day someone on these board may be talking about YOU!:)

Archived