Help - we leave in 1 1/2 weeks & no docs??

martdm

Because we booked the cruise using credit card reward points, we had to go through the credit card company's travel agent and, I must say, they've been less than stellar to deal with thus far (I won't bore you with the details but suffice it to say their level of knowledge is lacking and their communication is awful).

I was told we'd have our docs 3 weeks prior to the cruise. We leave a week from Thursday and we still have no docs. I spoke with them last week and, after being on hold for an extended period of time while they supposedly were on the phone with RCCL, I was told that RCCL would be 2 day expressing the docs to the travel agent & they will then be overnighted to us.

This is our first time on RCCL - is this normal for things to go down to the 11th hour? We've never had to wait this long and, given my lack of confidence in this agent, I'm wondering what my next step should be if I don't receive them by Wednesday?

Thanks for any info/advice you can provide!

Make sure you fill out on online documents and print them out and have them with you when you board. They will have luggage tags at the pier. On our last cruise we never received our documents and it was not a big deal at all. Have a great trip and don't worry.

Because we booked the cruise using credit card reward points, we had to go through the credit card company's travel agent and, I must say, they've been less than stellar to deal with thus far (I won't bore you with the details but suffice it to say their level of knowledge is lacking and their communication is awful). ..............................................

I would be interested in the details, as I am planning on using my reward points for a future cruise. Are you talking about the MBNA credit card? I was under the impression that a voucher would be issued and I could book with my own TA.

Excellent! Glad to hear we have no worries. I have filled out the online docs, have printed copies of them, have passports for ID, and are only carrying on our pilot's sized luggage bags, so it sounds like we're all set.

Zoe, this was through my credit union visa & a program called CURewards, not MBNA.

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. Now I can just forget about these bozos at the travel agent.

Archived