A little info on Cruz Bay shopping please?

legalsec

So after reading all the posts we've decided that Trunk Bay is a must. Lots of info here on how to get there and back and the beach itself. But there's very little info on Cruz Bay and shopping there in particular. Not really interested in jewelry or cameras or electronics. I'm more into clothing and island crafts. So how's the shopping there and where should I go after Trunk Bay (our ship is in port from 8 AM to 6 PM). How about restaurants?

Thanks for your help and all the great info I've gotten here!

Kathy

Most days (and I would imagine almost certainly all days when there are cruise ships in St. Thomas) there are a handful of vendors selling island crafts in the park that is right in front of the ferry dock.

There are also several shops in both Mongoose Junction (across from the Virgin Island National Park dock/building) and Wharfside (adjacent to the ferry dock) complexes. Do yourself a favor and check out the St. John Spice store, located on the second floor of the building right at the end of the ferry dock.

As far as restaurants go, you have a lot of options. Mongoose Junction has Ocean Grille, Sun Dog Cafe, Deli Grotto, La Plancha Del Mar. Just past that on the way to the ferry dock are Margarita Phil's and a couple of roadside take out food shacks, including Sheila's Pot, which is in the park.

Some of the offerings in the Wharfside Complex are Mojo's Cafe, Spyglass, Waterfront Bistro, The Beach Bar. Across from the Beach Bar are The Banana Deck and Cactus on the Blue. If you walk a block or two away from the waterfront you can add Woody's, Rhumblines, The G Spot at Larry's Landing, Cafe Roma, La Tapa, and others to the list. There is pretty much an offering for every taste!

Archived