Carnival Dolphin's Swim Cozumel location

bluesea4me

Hi everyone,

I am confused. Is the dolphin excursion in Cozumel at Chakanaab or at another location? How many locations in Cozumel are there for an excursion such as this?:confused:

There are 2 facilities at Cozumel where you can swim with the dolphins. Dolphinaris which is a seperate facility and Dolphin Discovery which is located at Chankanaab. You can only book Dolphinaris through Carnival.

Carnival does an excursion to Chankanaab but it does not include a dolphin swim with Dolphin Discovery.

This is what we did and it was super easy. We booked ahead of time through Dolphin Discovery so we could get the time slot we wanted and we could get the Dolphin Royal Swim, the Sea Lion swim and the Manatee Encounter. I talked online and in person with a representative and they gave us a great rate for all three for DD and myself.

Carnival docks at Puerto de Maya. You just keep walking past the shops to the end and you come out on a circle area for taxis. There are plenty of cabs waiting. We got one immediately and it was only $10 for the 3 of us to go to Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab. It only took 30 min. from the time we got off the ship to arrive at Dolphin Discovery. We checked in and were over an hour and a half early. DH paid the general admission which was $17 since we had the $2 off coupon we printed off the Cozumel Insider.

We walked around, saw the Sea Lion show which was good and had alot of good information about sea lions. The we did the Royal Swim (which was really great and special), then they took us to the manatees, and then straight to the sea lions. After that we changed, saw the photos and videos and then had lunch. We left Dolphin Discovery about 3:15, again cabs were lined up and got one immediately. $10 and 15 min later we were walking around the shops with time to spare.

Have fun. It was a great day and a great cruise! I'm assuming since you said 5pm departure that you will be on the Triumph. The Ectasy leaves a little earlier.

Thanks for the very detailed answer and guidance! We will be sailing on the Valor, though. When I have been looking online at Chak. it says that there is only a 3:30 time available and I know that isnt enough time. I'll contact them directly, sometimes places fit people in. (fingers crossed) ;)

If they can fit us in. How long does it take to get from Chak. to the pier to board? (as long as taxis are still right there):confused: 20-25 minutes??

Also, how long does it take to get off the ship? I wouldnt think to long because I don't think we need to tender, right?

But, now I think we will go directly to Chak if all of my dolphin swim plans do not pan out. Do you think that is a wise choice, or would you say go to another beach area such as nachi or paradise? We want snorkeling from the beach, not to rocky immediately near shore, smaller waves if any, and clear water. (We're not asking for to much.:rolleyes:)

Thanks again everyone. Soon I'll have it all planned out and booked!

Thanks for the very detailed answer and guidance! We will be sailing on the Valor, though. When I have been looking online at Chak. it says that there is only a 3:30 time available and I know that isnt enough time. I'll contact them directly, sometimes places fit people in. (fingers crossed) ;)

If they can fit us in. How long does it take to get from Chak. to the pier to board? (as long as taxis are still right there):confused: 20-25 minutes??

Also, how long does it take to get off the ship? I wouldnt think to long because I don't think we need to tender, right?

But, now I think we will go directly to Chak if all of my dolphin swim plans do not pan out. Do you think that is a wise choice, or would you say go to another beach area such as nachi or paradise? We want snorkeling from the beach, not to rocky immediately near shore, smaller waves if any, and clear water. (We're not asking for to much.:rolleyes:)

Thanks again everyone. Soon I'll have it all planned out and booked!

If you want Dolphin Discovery go onto the website and click that you want a live chat and ask someone contact you by email. I dealt with Blanca and she was great. She had times not listed on the website and gave me a good deal. When it came to actually paying, I set a time and Blanca called me at home. I verified it and she emailed me all the details with the tickets to print. I took several copies with me spread around the suitcases as well as one in a carry-on in case something got lost (we flew to NOLA to catch ship).

I think the Valor docks at Puerto de Maya too. Although called something different, you could access Royal Carib.'s ships from that same shopping area. The taxi stand is through the shopping area about a 10-15 min. walk from the ship (and we were further away). Get a taxi to Dolphin Discovery. It costs $10 for the taxi for all 3 of us. The ride was 10-15 min. Very easy.

We were not the first off the ship but it was within a few minutes after they let people go ashore. It was a quick 5 min. process, they keep the line moving and pop your sail & sign card in their machine which shows your photo they take when you board. I had my photo id ready but they did not check. Getting back on the pier area though they did check.

From the time we were in line to get off the ship to the time we pulled in up at Dolphin Discovery, 30 min. total had passed.

There were some walk-ins but if it is important to you, go ahead and do it the way I did. It was important to us because it was DD's birthday and we were doing all 3, dolphins, manatees and sea lions. It was great. The Dolphins "sang" happy birthday to DD.

We did not venture down the beach all the way where Chankanaab extends, but ones on our roll call did. They just relaxed in hammocks, while some snorkeled and some did the kayak. I understand that the snorkeling at Chank is really good.

If you want Dolphin Discovery go onto the website and click that you want a live chat and ask someone contact you by email. I dealt with Blanca and she was great. She had times not listed on the website and gave me a good deal. When it came to actually paying, I set a time and Blanca called me at home. I verified it and she emailed me all the details with the tickets to print. I took several copies with me spread around the suitcases as well as one in a carry-on in case something got lost (we flew to NOLA to catch ship).

I think the Valor docks at Puerto de Maya too. Although called something different, you could access Royal Carib.'s ships from that same shopping area. The taxi stand is through the shopping area about a 10-15 min. walk from the ship (and we were further away). Get a taxi to Dolphin Discovery. It costs $10 for the taxi for all 3 of us. The ride was 10-15 min. Very easy.

We were not the first off the ship but it was within a few minutes after they let people go ashore. It was a quick 5 min. process, they keep the line moving and pop your sail & sign card in their machine which shows your photo they take when you board. I had my photo id ready but they did not check. Getting back on the pier area though they did check.

From the time we were in line to get off the ship to the time we pulled in up at Dolphin Discovery, 30 min. total had passed.

There were some walk-ins but if it is important to you, go ahead and do it the way I did. It was important to us because it was DD's birthday and we were doing all 3, dolphins, manatees and sea lions. It was great. The Dolphins "sang" happy birthday to DD.

We did not venture down the beach all the way where Chankanaab extends, but ones on our roll call did. They just relaxed in hammocks, while some snorkeled and some did the kayak. I understand that the snorkeling at Chank is really good.

Thank you! I'll try to get ahold of her asap!

Archived