Help with Destiny 3 berth cabins - outside 2/3

we have booked this morning a week on Destiny in Aug 2011 and a great price for an outside 2/3 - we always just get a basic inside 2/3 cabin on Destiny with no issues at all so was a little worried about the 'outside' element after looking at the plan!

all of the 3 berth outsides are in awkward places, so I have prebooked a cabin to ensure we got the 'least' worrying LOL - and have chosen a forward deck 3 - very forward in fact - any more forward and we'd be in the sea :D the others were all right beside lifts in busy areas, or at the back very close to the engines - noise was worrying me, as was being on deck 2 and closer to the water.....

my question is - will there be a porthole or square window? and - are we likely to get any water noise? I did hear a man telling a tale last time that he had no sleep in his very forward deck 2 outside cabin due to the 'waves slapping on the ship and booming through the hull' - this however would be much preferable to me than noisy folks going to and fro their cabins, and engine noises!

we have booked this morning a week on Destiny in Aug 2011 and a great price for an outside 2/3 - we always just get a basic inside 2/3 cabin on Destiny with no issues at all so was a little worried about the 'outside' element after looking at the plan!

all of the 3 berth outsides are in awkward places, so I have prebooked a cabin to ensure we got the 'least' worrying LOL - and have chosen a forward deck 3 - very forward in fact - any more forward and we'd be in the sea :D the others were all right beside lifts in busy areas, or at the back very close to the engines - noise was worrying me, as was being on deck 2 and closer to the water.....

my question is - will there be a porthole or square window? and - are we likely to get any water noise? I did hear a man telling a tale last time that he had no sleep in his very forward deck 2 outside cabin due to the 'waves slapping on the ship and booming through the hull' - this however would be much preferable to me than noisy folks going to and fro their cabins, and engine noises!

i don't know about the outside cabins but i was on the Destiny in October and the sea was quite rough .We had an inside cabin on deck 3 and we could hear bangs every so often it wasnt that loud though and we slept ok .

Hi Clare

I've been thinking the same, I've booked a 3 berth outside cabin on deck 3 for our cruise on the Destiny in Jan, also very forward so we could be away from lifts! I was talking to a lady who booked an outside cabin on deck 2 and was kept awake by waves washing against the porthole - she did say it was quite rough though. I was also thinking the anchor would wake us up as we docked. I think there are pros and cons to whatever type of cabin we choose. You are right, deck 3 is picture window - maybe being up one deck higher will make a bit of a difference :)

Can't wait now, about 8 weeks left!

Deb x

Im hoping that as the sea tends to be calmer in august we will have less chance of noise - when we did our october one last year there was only one rough night and even in our mid ships inside cabin the noise was scary!

Im not too worried about the anchor as Im usually up watching as the ship sails intoi a new port and docks anyway :D

I've just returned from Destiny and we had a 3 berth cabin on deck 3. (3017)- 3 from the front. It was very quiet, we could not hear the engines at all but when the sea was a bit rough we felt a bit sick when standing in the room to get ready to go out for the evening...but slept ok. There were various clunking sounds during the rough weather but nothing too bad. We were on deck 5 last time and have decided its not worth paying the extra just to go up a couple of floors.

I've just returned from Destiny and we had a 3 berth cabin on deck 3. (3017)- 3 from the front. It was very quiet, we could not hear the engines at all but when the sea was a bit rough we felt a bit sick when standing in the room to get ready to go out for the evening...but slept ok. There were various clunking sounds during the rough weather but nothing too bad. We were on deck 5 last time and have decided its not worth paying the extra just to go up a couple of floors.

thats the one we have :D Im hoping there wont be any rough weather - we did the same week in august on her this year and the med was flat the entire week - big contrast the week we did last year in october!

Same room! We were on the med in the summer and the sea was so flat that one night it looked quite mystical with a sea mist rolling across it. While we were watching, dolphins were swimming and "jumping" (Im sure thats not the right word!) out and seemed to be following the ship. One of the most memorable and eerily beautiful nights ever!

However, in total contrast, the journey last week across from Morocco was so rough that the pool water was moving from one end of the pool to the other and we could see the floor of the pool eachtime the ship bounced over a wave....the staff said this was nothing compared to some of the other bad weather they had seen!

We shared the furthest-forward port-side 3-berth on deck 3 with my mother-in-law. We had far more wardrobe space than my parents in the 2-berth next door. We could hear the anchor chains rattling down, but it just means you've arrived and it's time to get up anyway! If noises bother you, pack some earplugs, I always do.

Carol x

Archived