MSC Magnifica Daily Activity Sheets?

drblue

We are sailing the MSC Magnifica in january 2011. Does anyone have the daily activity sheets for this ship? We are doing hte Eastern Mediterranean with ports in Bari, Rhodes, Alexandria, Limassol, Haifa, Kataklon, Dubrovnik, and Ravenna. We are doing excursions in Israel and Egypt. So, info on those ports will also help.

Thank you.

I was just on this same route, and we only made it to Bari, Alexandria, Haifa (though only for half of the time they said we would have), and Olympia.

The activitiies they have are listed in about 8 lines for the entire day. I will see if I can find one when we unpack and scan it for you. Pretty much limited to late evening entertainment, and nothing geared towards the kids. This was a huge disappointment!

I was just on this same route, and we only made it to Bari, Alexandria, Haifa (though only for half of the time they said we would have), and Olympia.

The activitiies they have are listed in about 8 lines for the entire day. I will see if I can find one when we unpack and scan it for you. Pretty much limited to late evening entertainment, and nothing geared towards the kids. This was a huge disappointment!

Thank you Love2TravelEurope,

It sounds as if I have to plan on a lot activities to keep my son busy - no problem. If you do get a chance, please send me a scanned copy of the activities to get an idea.

Can you tell me WHY your sailing only made it to the ports you mentioned and not the rest of the itinerary? Perhaps we might encountered the same problem.

How did you find the service on board, especially the children's playroom?

We missed the ports because of weather, and then we were so far behind it was then impossible to make all of them. We went to Marmaris, Turkey instead of Rhodes, and spent part of the day there, and were supposed to leave for Alexandria, but ended up spending the night there. In the morning we were supposed to carry on to Egypt, but got to Rhodes and the captain started turning the boat around. As he did this, the boat listed and while my kids were in the pool, they experienced a tsunami--a 1-2 foot wave of pool water rushed over the pool, onto the deck, knocking over deck chairs and tables, flooded the elevators in the hallway, sent passengers belongings flying around the rooms. All of this was the captain's error, not due to the seas at that time--he was just turning around! Then we got to spend the rest of the day and the next day at sea, before arriving in the late afternoon in Egypt, where we spent the night, departing the next day for Israel. We were told we would arrive at 7 a.m., then it was moved to 9 a.m., then 10:30, but then didn't show up until after 1, and couldn't disembark until closer to 2. It was a huge disappointment, as we chose this cruise because of the itinerary, and it was supposed to be "family friendly"--both of which were disappointing. After our half day in Israel, we had another day at sea, then the morning in Katakolon, then back at sea for another almost 2 days--arriving at Trieste at 7ish, but nobody was off the boat by 8 so we gave up and went to bed with tired, disappointed kids. The only port we arrived in ontime as scheduled was in Venice, when we disembarked quickly!

When we did our Disney cruise, days at sea were a pleasure, very fun and enjoyable. On this one, we were constantly looking out for things to do, but there was a limited selection.

My daughter said that she thinks MSC stands for Most Stops Cancelled. She is 7--very smart kid, and is easily able to entertain herself with reading, drawing, writing in her journal--but she was getting tired of being on the ship, and we were all disappointed that we didn't get to see the places on our itinerary. The worst part was that they wouldn't tell us if they would be making a port or not, and just kept saying, "we don't know yet" about just about everything.

I certainly hope you have a better time than we did--good luck! And bring entertainment for your child(ren)!!

Archived