Toddler under 2 - comparisons?

milton333

We've used In-room sitting on RCCL Voyager the past 3 cruises. It has progressively changed and even looking at the FAQ, the price has changed again! Last December, it was a minimum of 2 hours and maximum of 4 hours. The previous December, they had just changed where they have a new rule where two sitters must be present. Last year, the price went up to $12/hr due to the two sitters, now I guess the ship isn't subsidizing the 2nd sitter anymore ($19/hr). Plus, with its popularity, I guess they will manage demand with the pricing. Embarkation day/night, you may not find any sitters because they are tuckered from getting everyone on board. Then, you need to register pronto because trained sitters may be limited or already booked.

I found the other cruisers on RCCL to be family friendly - everyone seemed to ooh and ahh over my girls.

from RCCL FAQ:

Q: Are babysitters available onboard?

A: Babysitting is offered both in a group setting, and individually in your stateroom. In stateroom babysitting must be reserved through the Guest Relations Desk (Purser's Desk) at least 24 hours in advance.

It cannot be reserved prior to the cruise vacation and there is no guarantee that sitters will be available. The service is offered between 8:00 am and 2:00 am when personnel is available. Sitters will be assigned on a first come first served basis

Children MUST be at least 1 year old.

Approximate Rate: $19 per hour for up to three children within the same family.

Times and prices are subject to change without notice. Payment must be made in cash.

• 6 months later...
After doing more research, Oasis sounds amazing. In addition to the kiddie pool and nursery, I love the idea of the carousel and the boardwalk areas (past cruisers have said that there are people who make balloon animals and do face painting at times). I like the Shrek characters. I think DS might enjoy the ice skating and water shows. I could see taking the stroller through Central Park.

The price makes me a bit twitchy, though. Oasis seems to be slightly more affordable than Allure for 2011 sailings, but it's still a lot. We would want an ocean balcony to hang out on while DS naps or sleeps at night. I am still considering RCCL Freedom and Liberty, because they are getting updates that will give them the nurseries and Dreamworks characters, along with the kiddie pools.

Check out Freedom of the Seas they have the nursery, baby splash zone, and activities and are more reasonably priced.

Archived