Foster Children on a Cruise

cruiserNC

We are also foster parents of a 2 y/o requesting permission to take him on a cruise in April. We have one daughter (4) whom we adopted through foster care. She never spent time with anyone outside of our home (we picked he up straight from the hospital). I'm awaiting to hear back if we can take him :)

We are also foster parents of a 2 y/o requesting permission to take him on a cruise in April. We have one daughter (4) whom we adopted through foster care. She never spent time with anyone outside of our home (we picked he up straight from the hospital). I'm awaiting to hear back if we can take him :)

Good Luck!

I am sure everything will work out wonderful.

We are super excited!

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to report back that everything went very smoothly we had a great cruise with our children. They never even looked at the letter from the judge or his birth certificate "WOW" during embarkation & debarkation.

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to report back that everything went very smoothly we had a great cruise with our children. They never even looked at the letter from the judge or his birth certificate "WOW" during embarkation & debarkation.

You're kidding!!!! Wow! All that mess for nothing. We're in Charlotte also and are going through the same thing. Our son came to us from Meck DSS(YFS) and we finalize the adoption in November(the week we get back from our cruise). We purposely delayed the adoption to take place AFTER the cruise so as not to screw up the paperwork for the cruise. I sent you a friend request via this message board and would love to talk to you about it if you dont mind. We foster parents need to stick together. Heh! Thanks for starting this thread. There are more of us in the same situation that most people might think.

Last year we had two little foster children as part of our family. Including an adopted son and two step children we were a family of eight cruising for a family wedding.

We didn't have any problems.....we're in South Carolina and we just went to our case worker a couple months in advance and she took care of all the paperwork. All the kids had a wonderful time!......hope it's something they'll never forget (they were 3&4) they were adopted a few months after the trip and the family has chosen not to keep in touch.........but I hope they made special memories.....I know we did.

Archived