Sea Lion Encounter in PV with NCL?

STARFISH*4

We did it but on Royal Carribbean's Radiance of the Seas last April. I HIGHLY recommend it! It was spectacular. They put us on an air conditioned bus to Vallarta Adventures. Not very far from the pier. Then brought us in and we had a short orientation on sea lions, like what to do, what not to do. They are fabulous creatures and VERY comical! I may have pictures of this excursion, don't know how to post them on here. You can email me if you wish and I'll send pics! Do it.. you won't regret it! GrlyGrl31@aol.com

We did it but on Royal Carribbean's Radiance of the Seas last April. I HIGHLY recommend it! It was spectacular. They put us on an air conditioned bus to Vallarta Adventures. Not very far from the pier. Then brought us in and we had a short orientation on sea lions, like what to do, what not to do. They are fabulous creatures and VERY comical! I may have pictures of this excursion, don't know how to post them on here. You can email me if you wish and I'll send pics! Do it.. you won't regret it! GrlyGrl31@aol.com

was the water cold or cool? i think now i am most concerned about that

oh and having to wear a bathing suit.....lol....

THANKS for the info...hubby has done the dolphin swim and LOVED it and now i want to do something we can do together so i thought SEA LION encounter!

Glad you want to do it! Like I said you WON'T regret it! The water was great. It was in a pool so it was comfortable. One funny thing was we had 2 female sea lions and one of them had a "boyfriend" in another pool and she kept trying to jump out of the pool then would waddle over to the gate to go visit her "boyfriend"! So much fun!

• 2 weeks later...

My 5 year old grandson and I are scheduled to do this in May, we can't wait! I grew up in Oregon and would go to the coast quite often, and loved to see the sea lions and seal. I've even been bitten by one! How many people can say that!? It was a small aquarium in Depot Bay, Oregon were you could feed them. (Sadly it closed a few years ago.) You were supposed to THROW the cut up fish to them, but nope, I dangled it over the wall and he came and got it...along with a little bit of me! :eek: I had to go get a shot of some sort, but other than that, no worse for wear. Now a badge of honor! LOL :o I was probably 8 years old at the time...I'm just a few years older now. :cool: (I have an 8 year old granddaughter, if that gives you a clue.)

Back to the sea lions. Like I said, I am very excited for this. They are such comical creatures. At the aquarium, they would slap the water or knock on the glass to get you to throw the fish to them. Lots of good fun memories. I hope this will be the same.

Diana

My 5 year old grandson and I are scheduled to do this in May, we can't wait! I grew up in Oregon and would go to the coast quite often, and loved to see the sea lions and seal. I've even been bitten by one! How many people can say that!? It was a small aquarium in Depot Bay, Oregon were you could feed them. (Sadly it closed a few years ago.) You were supposed to THROW the cut up fish to them, but nope, I dangled it over the wall and he came and got it...along with a little bit of me! :eek: I had to go get a shot of some sort, but other than that, no worse for wear. Now a badge of honor! LOL :o I was probably 8 years old at the time...I'm just a few years older now. :cool: (I have an 8 year old granddaughter, if that gives you a clue.)

Back to the sea lions. Like I said, I am very excited for this. They are such comical creatures. At the aquarium, they would slap the water or knock on the glass to get you to throw the fish to them. Lots of good fun memories. I hope this will be the same.

Diana

You'll LOVE it! You actually get in a pool with them and can touch them. They do tricks for you and give kisses ect.. It's a great excursion!

we are booked i just hope we have some warm weather its next month and its been unseasonably cool!

if we do this it will RANK right up there with the time i was "KISSED" by a Killer Whale at Marineland in the early 1980s--i was 28!--what a totally AWESOME experience that was and sooooo out of my "comfort" zone--i almost backed out a few times i was so nervous!!

Archived