Costa Maya, Triumph or Elation, single cruising...whew

I was in Costa Maya in March of 07 and it was one of the best port days I've ever had! I know that they changed which ships stop here after it was rebuilt.

I'd be willing to travel from my easy ports if I could get there at a reasonable price.

Next, New Orleans and Mobile are VERY easy ports for us to get to. Give me the major info I need to.know between these two ships. My husband has only cruised once and I want him to love it as much as I do. His only cruise was 10 years ago. Is it worth the difference(and it's not a huge diff) for the bigger ship.

We are looking at a back to school cruise. I would love to.have my first balcony,but dh buys into the belief that you are never in the room. And he's thinking money because of other commitments at the beginning of the summer. Any advice on that one?

And finally... id jump on a boat and sail away all by myself and my kindle. Is there any way to sail as a single without paying a ton of money?

I know I've thrown a ton of questions out!! I've been an avid reader of cc for a few years and have learned tons. Thanks so much in advance for your advice.

I'm just off the Triumph (January 3-8, 2011 sailing), and having been on the Imagination (Elation's sister ship) in the past, I actually prefer the smaller Fantasy class to the Triumph. Don't get me wrong, there were things that I enjoyed more on the Triumph (show lounge seemed nicer and the two-story dining rooms were more elegant), but overall, I prefer the Fantasy class ships for the better lido deck design (Triumph has almost no space for on-deck entertainment) and the Serenity deck. The promenade also seemed far less crowded on the Imagination than it did on the Triumph, with both sailings being sold out. The Triumph is also due for a dry dock, which will hopefully address some of the wear-and-tear on the public areas and maybe (hopefully) the hideous pink vanities in the bathrooms.

All things considered, I'd take the cheaper cruise on the Elation.

Archived