Flights out of South America

AussieKathy

Does anyone know an airline that flys from South America to Bridgestone Barbados? I am doing a land tour of SA that finishes in Buenos Aires and where looking at a Carnival cruise leaving from Barbados in October.

The shortest way I can think of is to fly BUE to GRU (Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo) - which is one shortish hop. The only airline I know that flies direct Sao Paulo to Bridgetown (BGI) is GOL, which takes nearly 6 hours. The other options out of BUE are American Airlines, which will take you to the US (usually Miami), and then fly Miami to BGI. That kind of routing is a minimum of 17 hours. Or there are a lot of other short hops that add up to 30+ hours of travelling.

Cheers

Someone else recommended that route to me.

I can't see an airport San Paulo only these two

SAO Guarulhos - SP (GRU)

SAO Congonhas - SP (CGH)

and when I try them it's says no flights. It seems so close but so darn hard to get to.

thanks for your help

Someone else recommended that route to me.

I can't see an airport San Paulo only these two

SAO Guarulhos - SP (GRU)

SAO Congonhas - SP (CGH)

and when I try them it's says no flights. It seems so close but so darn hard to get to.

thanks for your help

2 problems -

(1) Voegol (the merged Varig/Gol airlines) don't pop up in searches using expedia etc. So you always get the 'no flights' message.

(2) Voegol's website is down for maintenance, so you can't book it directly with them either.

I found an agent through barbados.org. Use the flight search blue box halfway down the page, click on the "Advanced Options" link, type in the airport codes BUE (Buenos Aires) and BGI (Bridgetown), and select one-way. It is apparent from a couple of searches that I did that GOL doesn't fly to BGI every day. Using the 1st of October as the travel date got me the results below for flights in GOL from Buenos Aires to Bridgetown. I have had to retype the search results as CC doesn't like the number of icons if I cut and paste it.

October 1, 2011 AEP (Buenos Aires Aeroparque - the "domestic" airport) to GRU (Sao Paulo), GOL flight 7679 departing 11:50am, arriving 2:35pm, GRU to BGI, GOL flight 7640 departing 4:35pm, arriving 9:15pm, total travel time with connections: 10:25

If you can't get to the search results pls send me an email (cjhowarth@bigpond.com) and I can send you screen prints of how I got to them :-)

Cheers

Looks like my dates aren't going to fit in. Want to leave on 3 Oct price doubles and has lots of stopovers . Seems 1 Oct is the best day to leave and can't do that. Doesn't work either for 4 or 5. Need to arrive lunchtime on 5th.

thanks for your help!

Looks like my dates aren't going to fit in. Want to leave on 3 Oct price doubles and has lots of stopovers . Seems 1 Oct is the best day to leave and can't do that. Doesn't work either for 4 or 5. Need to arrive lunchtime on 5th.

thanks for your help!

Mmmm. Looks like GOL only fly to BGI once per week (Oct 1, 8, etc). The only "reasonable" other option I can think of is fly BUE to Miami, stay the night, fly Miami to BGI. It makes it about 13 hours flying time altogether, but you have the stopover in Miami to factor into it.

Cheers

The name of the airline is still just Gol. "Voegol," as in the Web site name www.voegol.com.br, means, in Portuguese, "fly Gol". There may still be some separate Varig flights. If you decide to fly Gol and want to book from outside Brazil, you may have to find their Argentine site. I've seen reports elsewhere that you need to use a Brazilian credit card and have a CPF (sort of like Social Security) card to book on the main, Brazilian site. Gol is a code share partner with American Airlines, though not in the Oneworld Alliance, but AA"s site doesn't seem to be able to yet book Gol flights. Actually, Gol does now appear on some Expedia results, but I've seen it only on multi-airline search results, (e.g., for flights from Brazil, starting outside of Rio or Sao Paulo, going to the U.S., using Gol or TAM and then a U.S. airlne). For simple domestic flights within Brazil, only TAM seems to pop up.

GRU is the internatinal airport in Sao Paulo. Congonhas is for domestic flights only.

Archived