Carnival Cake Topper???

Tammy25

Just a question regarding the wedding cake. We are trying to decide what to do regarding a cake topper. Carnival says they provide one..can anyone give input as to what it looks like?

Can we provide our own cake topper and if so...when do we give it to them? He is an Army captain and I found a really cool topper. I was thinking of just doing flowers until I found this. Please help with any input..thanks!

Wedding is a month away!!! WOW!

Just a question regarding the wedding cake. We are trying to decide what to do regarding a cake topper. Carnival says they provide one..can anyone give input as to what it looks like?

Can we provide our own cake topper and if so...when do we give it to them? He is an Army captain and I found a really cool topper. I was thinking of just doing flowers until I found this. Please help with any input..thanks!

Wedding is a month away!!! WOW!

The one provided is very 80's looking. It's heart shaped (paperish material) with 2 doves inside. I highly recommend bringing your own. You would give it to your onsite WC during your meet and greet at the pier.

Cake toppers are a great way to personalize a cruise wedding since we are very limited to what we can do. My topper was 2 blown glass anchors. It represented my husband's career as a boat captain, it matched our cruise theme and since I am a big ole sentimental mush...I wanted something that could be displayed on our mantel.

I was just married on the Legend Jan 2. Mine was also the two silver hearts pick. It was nice, but I had purchased a fresh flower topper which they didn't put on the cake, just set it next to the cake. I don't have a photo of just the cake, but here is one where you can kind of see it.

P1000474.jpg.15613e745f8e9130ab192910c08864f0.jpg

Here is a picture of our daughter's cake on the Pride last week. We brought the topper, flowers and ribbon. Our wonderful hostess gave them to the chef and he did a great job!

Was her wedding on the day of embarkment?

I'm wondering if the chef is given our ribbon on that day will it be to late to add to the cake. We have a cake topper as well but I figure that is easy to just lay on top even if the cake is fully decorated already.

That is a gorgeous cake topper (anchor) wow! My topper was shipped yesterday and I can't wait to see it. I'm glad I chose to get our own which is personalized instead of using the one provided by Carnival. My fiance' asked me if I could find a nice military one...hehehe..I can find just about anything on the internet lol! You name it, I can find it and at a great bargain!

so the ribbon cake made me want to customize my cake. i'm going to make fondant seashells & give them to my coordinator & hopefully they'll scatter them around my cake. i also found some silk shell and starfish "petals" (they're just like fake rose petals but in the shape of starfish & shells) to scatter around the cake table. the pic below is kind of what i want to go for.

beach-wedding-cakes-10.jpg

so the ribbon cake made me want to customize my cake. i'm going to make fondant seashells & give them to my coordinator & hopefully they'll scatter them around my cake. i also found some silk shell and starfish "petals" (they're just like fake rose petals but in the shape of starfish & shells) to scatter around the cake table. the pic below is kind of what i want to go for.

Oh that's so good.

I hope you can get the look you are going for.

Wow..that is absolutely gorgeous! What a great idea and so unique!

My cake top arrived today and I just love it! It's perfect for our small, intimate wedding.

Less than a month to go! :)

I love hearts! Sweet.

Our cake topper :] I think its a good idea to bring your own like someone else said its one of the few things you can make totally your own.

This is so true.

We are adding a runner and silk rose petals for our cermony, and a cake topper for our reception. It's nothing major but it will add more of 'our' colors to wedding.

okay so here's the shells i made for my cake. hopefully they make it safely to miami & there's no problem with having them scatter them around our cake.

Oo la la.

Cute!

I've got my fingers crossed for ya!

Was her wedding on the day of embarkment?

I'm wondering if the chef is given our ribbon on that day will it be to late to add to the cake. We have a cake topper as well but I figure that is easy to just lay on top even if the cake is fully decorated already.

Our daughter's wedding was no on the day of embarkation. It was at the first port. We actually gave the ribbon and flowers to the hostess the night before and she gave it to the chef. It was all ready for us to take a look at around 12:15, 45 minutes before the ceremony. I didn't have to change a thing. It was perfect... just like the ceremony. Good luck with all your arrangements!

Our daughter's wedding was no on the day of embarkation. It was at the first port. We actually gave the ribbon and flowers to the hostess the night before and she gave it to the chef. It was all ready for us to take a look at around 12:15, 45 minutes before the ceremony. I didn't have to change a thing. It was perfect... just like the ceremony. Good luck with all your arrangements!

Thank you!

Ours was two silver hearts intertwined, that Carnival supplied. Your weddin coordinator will be able to tell you exactly what it will look like, at least mine did.

Our cake that Carnival provided was beautiful. Honestly, I was glad to have one less thing to remember and deal with :)

And you get to bring the topper home in a cute little box as a keepsake.

I love everyones cake toppers!!! Our arrived yesterday, its a small C and E with a large V. I hope that it fits the cake well because I realized that we also ordered a cake topper from Angels Accents lol. We'll figure something out though.

For the ribbon, is there a special kind of ribbon for a cake??

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!! :)

I love everyones cake toppers!!! Our arrived yesterday, its a small C and E with a large V. I hope that it fits the cake well because I realized that we also ordered a cake topper from Angels Accents lol. We'll figure something out though.

For the ribbon, is there a special kind of ribbon for a cake??

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!! :)

The initials will look great on your cake. As for the ribbon, we just had standard 2 inch brown ribbon. Our friend had some left over flowers from the bouquet, so she gave us those. I handed the ribbon and flowers to our hostess and she took them to the chef. He did a great job on the cake. It was perfect!

Archived