Constellation what should I see

Grumpy8

I taking this cruise. What should I see. I been to San Juan many time but not to Casa De Campo or St George.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Mar 27 Casa De Campo, Dominican Rep

Mar 29 Bridgetown, Barbados

Mar 30 St. George'S, Grenada

Mar 31 St. Johns, Antigua

Apr 01 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Apr 02 San Juan, Puerto Rico

:confused:

We just got off the Constellation last Saturday and visited Casa de Campo. I had read on a lot of boards how lousy this port is but I was determined to make the most of it. We took the ship's excursion to Catalina Island and had a wonderful day. It was a pretty beach (not gorgeous like some other islands but still nice). There were chairs, drinks, and we had several hours there. In the evening we were invited through Captain's Club to go to a Las Vegas style Carbbean show called Kandela and we enjoyed it. I think you can go there also on a ship excursion at night.

In Genada, we went into town for shopping, knowing that there would not be much to buy except spices and that's what we did. We then went to Grand Anse beach for the afternoon and had another wonderful beach day. We sat under a palm tree for the afternoon and the water was like a bathtub. A taxi driver approached us (one of many) and offered to take us on a tour and we took him up on it. so we left the beach a little early and he drove us all over the island and we saw some very pretty views.

In all, I wouldn't rush back to either port but we had a good time while we were there.

We just got off the Constellation last Saturday and visited Casa de Campo. I had read on a lot of boards how lousy this port is but I was determined to make the most of it. We took the ship's excursion to Catalina Island and had a wonderful day. It was a pretty beach (not gorgeous like some other islands but still nice). There were chairs, drinks, and we had several hours there. In the evening we were invited through Captain's Club to go to a Las Vegas style Carbbean show called Kandela and we enjoyed it. I think you can go there also on a ship excursion at night.

In Genada, we went into town for shopping, knowing that there would not be much to buy except spices and that's what we did. We then went to Grand Anse beach for the afternoon and had another wonderful beach day. We sat under a palm tree for the afternoon and the water was like a bathtub. A taxi driver approached us (one of many) and offered to take us on a tour and we took him up on it. so we left the beach a little early and he drove us all over the island and we saw some very pretty views.

In all, I wouldn't rush back to either port but we had a good time while we were there.

Could you tell me if there is a guitar player playing in one of the lounges? If so do you his name. On RCCL they have one playing in the Viking lounge. So was wondering if X does the same.

Does the Pool band have a Steel Drum player?:)

The guitar player ws Les Dranicki. We never saw him but our friends did often and really enjoyed him. He played both in the Seaside Cafe Bar and the Cova Cafe. The band Onyx was the steel band and they are quite good, I think.

The guitar player ws Les Dranicki. We never saw him but our friends did often and really enjoyed him. He played both in the Seaside Cafe Bar and the Cova Cafe. The band Onyx was the steel band and they are quite good, I think.

Thanks a bunch for the info. Now Onyx was the Pool Band? Was there a Pan player in the band?:confused:

We stayed on board in the DR. We went with Camerion Reid in Grenada. He gave us a nice 4 hr tour and a stop at Grand Anse which was a very nice beach. Unfortunately, Grenada although still very pretty must have been exquisite. I hope that you enjoy your cruise.

Archived