Cruise with college spring breakers?

cmdknw

Anyone ever done it with a kid (7)?? We are thinking about it...from what I've read/heard, there will be 2-3 groups with over 200 people of college age....we would get a balcony room, but I'm really scared of people being loud and my son not being able to sleep....I'm sure it will be fine...

You'll probably be fine. Even 500 on a ship with a capacity of 3,000 is less than 20%. We sailed during spring break last year and had no problems with college kids or the 900 kids (under 18) on-board. If fact, when the cruise director mentioned the 900 count, I was amazed. Would never have guessed there were that many.

You son will likely be too tired at the end of the day to be bothered by any noise. Pack some ear plugs and go have a great time!!

Thats what we're thinking...we wanted the 2-20 sailing or the 2-26 sailing...but all the balconies are sold out...So we're thinking of booking the 3-6 and hoping things go smoothly...

I wouldn't be mad at the beer bongers...as long as we got an invite!

I've been on board during SB and are going again this March on the Conquest. What you'll find a lot more families than college students. The drinking age is 21 but you know there will still be drinking on-board but it won't be a drunken zoo such as a trip too Cancun would be during the same time. Remember it's not cheap to drink on board and you can only smuggle so much on.

I don't think it's a problem but if you're going to worry don't go and let ruin your trip. On any cruise you can always run into some loud people, not just college students.

Yeah, we aren't too worried about it...just don't want to end up with 22 year olds beside us. I think we're going to book and say whatever! We will have fun either way...we managed to have fun last year on the Destiny cruise to nowhere...we were on board when it broke and we missed all ports and ended up in Nassau....

A ship with 2 working prop's will be an improvement over last time!

Archived