Roll Call Celebrity Solstice - 7 June 2011

Doonan

• 2 weeks later...
Two friends from Vancouver are joining a lovely couple we know from London on the cruise. It will be amazing.

Hi Guys. That sounds great and we will be international with you being fom Canada and England.

I am from UK but live in Australia and my friend is from the Phillipines.

We have the start of a FOD.

Cant wait

Carlos & Neil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I am happy as of today we are just 30 days to our departure for Barcelona.

I was not sure if they still showed the FOD meetings in the daily program .. I had read something or other so sent an email .. see reply below.

So it seems the meeting will be shown on the board ... we will look and hope to see you all on the ship ... if a meeting is not shown guess we can add it.

See you in June

Carlos & Neil

See Below:

Hi Guys

Just a question ... on Solstice do they still organise and show in the daily paper .. FOD meetings.

I have read something about notice board if they don't ... how does that work.

I have never seen a notice board but then again have never looked .. previous Celebrity ships had FOD in program.

Thanks

Neil

They switched it around a bit last year. They said it was keeping with RCCL policys. Now what they do is have it on board down by guest relations where they publish rest of meetings (business meetings, card groups ,knitters,scrapbookers, gamers etc).

The only one they said they publish in daily bulletin is Friends of Bill. You'll see the board once you get down there, it has 8x10" card with description/location of each meeting

My experience is that they often have us in a bar that is not that busy. I find that we all seem to end up in the Martini bar anyway. More fun there. See you on the 7th!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

My husband and I are going on the Solstice June 7th for our first cruise! Not sure how all this works(LOL)

I never knew how many people go on cruises and LOVE them till I found this site!!!!

A bit apprehensive about it all and not sure about excursions and when best to book

Ah well new experiences are what it is all about!!!!!!!!?

OMG, I can't think of a better ship and itinerary for your first cruise. The Solstice class ships are really sophisticated and amazing. You will have a terrific time.

There are always great people to meet, I wouldn't worry too much about the exursions, but to be safe better to book them before you go. See you on the 7th!

John and Alan

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone! first time cruiser from CA, here. very excited, the itinerary looks great! going with family and looking for some chill people to hang out with so that im not stuck with the grandparents the entire time :p

Hi Guys ... Flying to Barcelona on Sunday ... Look forward to seeing you on the ship.

We will check out the board for FOD .. Otherwise if you see an Australian

and a Phillipino together that will be us.

Hope you all have save travels.

Carlos & Neil

Australia

Archived