Looking For 14K gold Moongate Charm

not2old

Could someone give us suggestions on best place to buy a gold moongate charm to wear on omega necklace? We will visit Dockyard, Hamilton and St George during our cruise. I know they will be expensive but would love to come home with one :-)

All the charms I saw were on the small side that would be appropriate for a bracelet. However, I did find a large Bermuda longtail, at Vera P. Card, along with the "regular" charms that I wear as a pendant. I may be wrong but I think the only place Vera is located now is in St. George. Your best bet to check all the other well known jewelers at one time would be in Hamilton.

Crissons, Walker Christopher, Gem Cellar or Astwood Dickinson would be good places to start but, like iheart mentioned, the charms they have in stock may not be large enough for your necklace.

Walker Christopher and Gem Cellar are goldsmiths as well so if you really have your heart set on a moongate charm, bring along some scrap gold jewelry you no longer want (if you have some - brings down the cost a bit) and have them make one and then ship it to you.

iheart is correct, Vera P Card is now only in St Georges and if I remember right, they don't have as big of a selection of jewelry as they used to.

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone give us suggestions on best place to buy a gold moongate charm to wear on omega necklace? We will visit Dockyard, Hamilton and St George during our cruise. I know they will be expensive but would love to come home with one :-)

Here's a link w/ price:

http://www.astwooddickinson.com/index.php?pageId=6&product_sku=100

Hi Not2old,

Okay, I've looked round all our stores, as well as our competitors, and here's the result.

Nobody has a moongate pendant that has a bail large enough for an omega necklace (though I'd need the dimensions of yours to be sure).

Crisson and Astwood Dickinson have pendants which are actually designed as charms, (like the one on the link on a previous post, or the picture of ours:-

http://www.crisson.com/Jewellery%20collection.html). Both could have bails added to accommodate your necklace. Ours in shown with a longtail, but they come plain too.

The Gem Cellar, who make their own, could custom make one for you as big as you like (provide your own gold and it'll be a lot cheaper).

The ARE Bermuda pendants like longtails which will work as is, unless you have your heart set on a Moongate.

Hope that helps - if you want to pursue this further, I'm at your service.

Have fun!

Moongate.jpg.b0030b4582417d60b76cf27859d6524b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Not2old,

Okay, I've looked round all our stores, as well as our competitors, and here's the result.

Nobody has a moongate pendant that has a bail large enough for an omega necklace (though I'd need the dimensions of yours to be sure).

Crisson and Astwood Dickinson have pendants which are actually designed as charms, (like the one on the link on a previous post, or the picture of ours:-

http://www.crisson.com/Jewellery%20collection.html). Both could have bails added to accommodate your necklace. Ours in shown with a longtail, but they come plain too.

The Gem Cellar, who make their own, could custom make one for you as big as you like (provide your own gold and it'll be a lot cheaper).

The ARE Bermuda pendants like longtails which will work as is, unless you have your heart set on a Moongate.

Hope that helps - if you want to pursue this further, I'm at your service.

Have fun!

Thanks so much 32N, we will definitely be looking @ your store in April. I am interested in the plain moongate, not the one with the long tail even though it is beautiful. Do the charms come in 14K and 18K gold?

Archived