Disney Dream Palo & Remy

nausetms

Just off the Disney Dream 3 Day 2/3 - 6. We are two adults on a first cruise for DH (He has MS and uses a EVC - the problems we encountered will have to be a different post). We tried on line booking for Palo and Remy and came up empty. When we boarded the ship we went directly to D Lounge (4). Between 1 and 3:30 reservations to both restaurants are available first come first served. We reserved for Palo 7:30 night 2 and Remy 7:30 night 3. DH did not bring a jacket. Remy was very accommodating and had a loaner available.

Palo was lovely. DH and I are wine buffs and found the wines by the glass list to be sufficient. We started with champagne and had Barolo with dinner. The meal begins with antipasto served tableside and ended with chocolate souffle. The menu is quite extensive. I began with tuna carpaccio and had beef tenderloin as an entree. I ordered it rare, but was waived off by the waiter. I relented and said medium rare. I should have stuck to rare. The beef, while delicious was barely pink - overdone for me. DH had a parparadelle and the osso buco. There was a sorbet and complementary after dinner drink (grappa, grey goose, and lemon sherbert (?) in a shot glass)

Remy was over the top in a good way. The experience began with an invitation delivered to our cabin to meet with Alex, the sommolier (sp) at 5:15 the day of our dinner to discuss menu choices and choose wine. DH went. He had many questions. The staff was fabulous. They confirmed that he would need a jacket. He was asked to choose a table where he would be most comfortable (again he uses a EVC). He was given a tour of the restaurant, met everyone, and was able to spend as much time as he liked with the two wine lists. We again decided to stick to wines by the glass. The selections were varied and wonderful. The menu is in interesting. There are two tasting menus - one designed by each of the two chefs and are accompanied by suggested wines. One can also order ala carte. The selections include the elements of the two tasting menus plus other options. You choose a starter, a fish, and a meat dish. Dinner begins with a champagne cocktail accompanied by a heavenly taste treat - the first of many - that is impossible for me to describe - and bread service that appears and reappears throughout the meal. Alex was ever present with spot on wine recommendations. Then an amuse bouche - rattatouile. Then the starter, fish, and meat course. Then cheese service. Dessert. Second dessert. A rose for the ladies (did I mention that a stool is provided for one's purse?) and, back in the cabin, truffles and a thank you note from the restaurant.

The food was incredible. The service devine. Perfection.

I haven't done justice to either restaurant, I'm sure, but wanted to get something out pronto.

Thank you so much for the review. I just changed our reservation from Palo to Remy tonight for our March 6th sailing. We had eaten at Palo on a previous cruise, and only having 4 nights, I thought trying something new might be nice. I was happy to hear you enjoyed it!

What type of fish do they have on the menu? My husband is allergic to shellfish.

Enjoy!

Remy will send an invitation to your stateroom so that you and/or your husband can meet with the sommolier to look at the menu and, perhaps, choose wine, on the day of your dinner. The staff will ask then and again when you're seated if there are any food allergies, just as your waiter will in the main diningrooms.

I remember that one of the appetizers was a lobster dish. There was also, in their "sea" section of the menu, turbot and John Dory. It should be easy to avoid shellfish and still have a wonderful dinner.

Archived