sheraton vs bch

ilovesummerpkh

Good Morning! We are leaving in one month and I am try9ing to decide betweeen the day pass to the Sheraton and the BCH. My kids are 14 and 15 and like a lot of activity and other kids. Does anyone know what non-motorized water sports are available at Sheraton? Can you use the day pass for the Sheraton and the Wyndam? Thanks for all input!

Good Morning! We are leaving in one month and I am try9ing to decide betweeen the day pass to the Sheraton and the BCH. My kids are 14 and 15 and like a lot of activity and other kids. Does anyone know what non-motorized water sports are available at Sheraton? Can you use the day pass for the Sheraton and the Wyndam? Thanks for all input!

This hilton is very quiet and relaxing and not full of activities.. you're kids would likely be bored. They also has spring break restrictions and have turned away people during this time of year.

Thanks said.. Sheraton may or may not allow day passes when you are there, due to Spring Break. Last year they stopped selling day passes because of overcrowding and partying. You are going during the highest Spring break party weeks.

Wyndham should still be selling day passes, but during this time, security does not allow wyndham guests on the sheraton property.

I realize this is a dilemna, but traveling during high season has it's downfalls. Overcrowded and blackout dates are 2 of them.

Wyndham has a small beach, and a nice pool. But it's not nearly as active as Sheraton.. I'm sure during spring break there will be lots to do, none the less.

Just in case.. last I was at Sheraton they had a couple of water trikes, 3 kayaks and mats for the pool. They also had snorkeling gear. Given the number of people using the property at this time, it's a gamble to get use of them.

You might want to look into a paid tour that guarantees you a spot.

http://www.majestictoursbahamas.com/

Thank you so much for your information. Spring break would never be my first choice of travel dates but with busy high schoolers it's one of the few times we can get away as a family. Our cruise is April 2nd through April 7th. One other question since you have actually been to the sheraton:My husband can't be in the sun. He likes to read and relax in the shade. he doens't mind the heat it's just the sun. Are there lounger chairs that can be moved to the shade or do they have umbrellas that you can sit under? Another question if you don't mind is are there places nearby to eat or did you just eat at the sheraton? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Thank you so much for your information. Spring break would never be my first choice of travel dates but with busy high schoolers it's one of the few times we can get away as a family. Our cruise is April 2nd through April 7th. One other question since you have actually been to the sheraton:My husband can't be in the sun. He likes to read and relax in the shade. he doens't mind the heat it's just the sun. Are there lounger chairs that can be moved to the shade or do they have umbrellas that you can sit under? Another question if you don't mind is are there places nearby to eat or did you just eat at the sheraton? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

There are stationery palapas on the beach and umbrellas near the pools. Not much shade besides the umbrellas.

I normally eat at the Sheraton .. outdoors. Not any more pricey than anywhere else in the bahamas.

You're dates shouldn't be too much of a problem.. the weeks before and easter will be the heaviest in the season.

Archived