Pearl villa 14006 - door slams and other ????

BabsterA

I've reserved this suite for next year, but saw a reference to the courtyard entry doors being close by. Has anyone stayed in this cabin that can comment on whether there was an issue with this?

Have I made the best selection or is there another starboard 2 bedroom villa that is better? I hear they are all fabulous, but this is my first time on this ship and in this category.

What do like best about courtyard villas? I've done aft suites on the Spirit and Sun and have been totally spoiled! Anything about the Pearl that's a 'don't miss'?

You made the right choice!! I was on the Pearl and stayed in 14006 and LOVED it!! Yes, it is close to the door to the courtyard pool area but it was soooooo quiet. We didn't have a problem with noise or door slamming at all. The bonus of being near the door is that my twins were able to leave the courtyard pool area+go back to our villa to use the bathroom and they were in full sight. There is a glass hallway betweenvillas and courtyard area. We loved the Pearl and the courtyard sooooooo much!! I also loved that 14006 is right next to the 3rd bedroom in the GV so, it was extra quiet!!! You are gonna absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Just back from the Pearl, Western Caribbean. We were in 14512. You are going to love the Courtyard Villa! It is everything you imagine and more!

When you are in the courtyard, there is a set of stairs (next to the hot tub)that goes up to a private sundeck. Up there you will find lounges, chairs, and hammocks - nice and quiet up there and great views!

The balcony, surprisingly was on the small side, nice, but small. There was beautiful ratan furniture.... 2 chairs and a table. My kids played cards out there. It is covered, so it was not too windy. Remember, you have the entire courtyard and upstairs seating deck so, you really don't need the balcony, just an added bonus. Sailing in a Courtyard villa is the best kind of sailing experience, you are going to love every single ounce of it!

We were in 14508 a few weeks ago. The balcony is covered. It's great walking out your door and seeing the pool and sunshine. We ate most of our breakfasts and a couple of lunches out by the pool. There is OJ and cookies, M&M's and gummie bears out all day. Don't miss the upper sun deck someone mentioned. Have a blast!

I see there are both a couch and a pulldown berth in the 2nd bedroom. Any recommendations as to which one would be more comfortable for a 6'3" guy? I was amazed that he found the pullout sofa on the Ruby to be comfortable, but as a musician, I think he could sleep on a brick wall. :-D. Big laugh.

No, I'm not excited to have this trip on the calendar-nnnnoooottttt. I have a full year to pick a hotel near the port and figure out whether we fly into Lauderdale or Miami. (I need to get on the Miami boards and check for recommendations for hotels. I did Priceline once and ended up eating the reservation as it was not even close to where i needed to be and i was not renting a car for that trip.) I do so love to wake up early on cruise morning and see the ship waiting for us!

Thanks for all the great pointers, folks. I hope to be able to return the favor.

The second bedroom couch converts to a bed. My DH is 6'3" and we both slept in that bed!! I never complained neither did he. Remember, after all day playing and drinking in the sun, when your head hits that pillow....boom! out like a light just like your DS should! You should have absolutley no hesitations with this courtyard villa...... it's heaven!

As for travels, my parents live in Boca, so we fly into Fort lauderdale and stay with them the day before and just take a limo to the port. Sory I can't help you out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a note on another board that there is an awning below the balcony for 14006 (protrudes a couple of feet). True? Did you feel like it blocked the view downward? Another referenced a 'blue light' that was bothersome. (they were in a neighboring suite). A third said something about shuffleboard noise??? Are these folks just really sensitive or should we shift down to 08 or 10? Thoughts????? This is my first time in the courtyard so I'm nervous about making the best right choice. I KNOW the courtyard is the best choice! :-)

I saw a note on another board that there is an awning below the balcony for 14006 (protrudes a couple of feet). True? Did you feel like it blocked the view downward? Another referenced a 'blue light' that was bothersome. (they were in a neighboring suite). A third said something about shuffleboard noise??? Are these folks just really sensitive or should we shift down to 08 or 10? Thoughts????? This is my first time in the courtyard so I'm nervous about making the best right choice. I KNOW the courtyard is the best choice! :-)

While not positive about how the Pearl is set up, I know about the "baffle" (awning) vs blue light on other ships. On the Jewel there is no "baffle", so the first two suites on both sides look down on the extended deck below - and the first ones (14006 and 14506) have the AWFUL blue light right off the balcony on the deck below - the next two might have it too, not sure how the lights line up with the balconies - I posted a review on here with a picture, I will have to look it up.. On the Jade, there is a baffle under these suites' balconies, blocking both the view up from the lower deck and the light (if there are these deck lights on the Jade). I would rather have the baffle than the light/lack of privacy any time - that was awful...

I am in a similar quandary right now regarding the Jade.. 14506 with the baffle vs one farther back with activity decks

below and sun deck above.. I think we might go farther back to avoid any possible lack of privacy - we were in the GV on the Jade and remember the baffle but aren't 100% sure it goes back under the villas as well.. The photo from the Jewel is on my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1321255&highlight=jewel+shortened+review

Robin

While not positive about how the Pearl is set up, I know about the "baffle" (awning) vs blue light on other ships. On the Jewel there is no "baffle", so the first two suites on both sides look down on the extended deck below - and the first ones (14006 and 14506) have the AWFUL blue light right off the balcony on the deck below - the next two might have it too, not sure how the lights line up with the balconies - I posted a review on here with a picture, I will have to look it up.. On the Jade, there is a baffle under these suites' balconies, blocking both the view up from the lower deck and the light (if there are these deck lights on the Jade). I would rather have the baffle than the light/lack of privacy any time - that was awful...

O.K. now I'm worried. I'll be in 14506 on the Pearl. Does anyone know if the Pearl has the blue light outside the room and how bad is it really?

Reef girl, lovetocruisewithtwins can probably clarify. Her post didn't mention anything other than the fact that she loved this cabin and the children enjoyed the balcony. Hoping she'll pop back in with her take on this.

I have almost a year to wait so plenty of time to select a different cabin. I love sitting on the balcony late at night or just before dawn, just enjoying the sound of the ship moving thru the water.

Archived