What happened to the Pearl's Cruise Director?

Suzjoh

We just had a wonderful cruise on the Pearl. We hope to book another to excape from the frozen winter up here in NE.

I'm very curious though as the cruise director was present the first days of the cruise and then we only saw Archie.

His picture as also taken down from the board.

Is he OK? Am I the only one who noticed?

Just kinda weird that he disappeared mid-cruise.

Suzz

• 4 weeks later...
We just had a wonderful cruise on the Pearl. We hope to book another to excape from the frozen winter up here in NE.

I'm very curious though as the cruise director was present the first days of the cruise and then we only saw Archie.

His picture as also taken down from the board.

Is he OK? Am I the only one who noticed?

Just kinda weird that he disappeared mid-cruise.

Suzz

Hey there,

Just an update, the Cruise Director, Ray Carr resigned from NCL. There was a personality clash between one of the other department heads on board and Ray that happened during the Private Charter of the Pearl Feb 13-20.

When you resign from a cruise ship, you don't get to finish the cruise. The Pearl was pulling into an American port, (i.e. St. Thomas) he took the opportunity and walked off the ship there.

He was not--repeat NOT fired. I have spoken with him personally. DW and I were going to sail with him two weeks after the private charter. He called me directly 10 pm that night and told me he was not going to be on my cruise.

The why is not important. The important thing is that he was NOT fired. I spoke to many of the crew on board who are for some reason under the impression that he was fired. When I told them to check their stories, all of them came back to me and told me I was correct and they had been mis-informed.

Ray Carr is a good man with an impeccable record of improving the ratings on ships that are faltering. I am still in disbelief that he no longer works for NCL.

He has said he's been talking with other lines. He actually did two weeks on Celebrity. They love him, but don't have a slot for him right now.

I have been waiting to hear the news that Archie has been promoted to CD. We've sailed with him 3 times as Assistant CD, twice on the Star and once on the Pearl. We love Archie! "It's BINGO Time!" (Yes, that gets a little irritating, since we're not interested in Bingo, but we still love Archie!):D

Archived