Wifi on the Jewel

We (me, wife, and kids) will be cruising on JOS in April and I like to take our laptop with us to use for photo backup. I also like to check my email every now and then. When we were on Liberty in 2009 we were able to get a wifi signal in our cabin on deck 10. I was wondering if the same would be true on the Jewel on deck 10. I have seen some posts saying that you could get a wifi signal in the concierge lounge but nothing really saying anything about the rest of the ship. Any info would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance! :)

I was on the Jewell 4 Feb -14 Feb 2011. I was able to get a signal in the concierge lounge and in the seating area right outside of it. I could not get a signal in my suite (1552), which is near the lounge.

Jewel does not have wifi in the cabins like Liberty does. There are hot spots throughout the ship, but unless your cabin is right on the centrum, you won't get a signal (and it's unlikely even then).

The hotspots include the Schooner Bar, the Solarium, the Library, and most of the other lounges in the Centrum. There might be others but I can't remember exactly. There will be a list/map of the hotspots in the internet cafe.

Archived