Formal??

Just how formal do you have to get on formal nights on the Allure? We don't like to dress up, husband hates suits and ties. We wanted to get reservations at another venue during formal night, didn't want to dress up for the dining room, but was told you need to dress up for those other restaurants too. Let me know, if you've been on Allure, how dressy everyone gets and will they really refuse you at another place because you aren't in a suit and a dress.

About half the people on the cruises I took did the full formal thing, others were smart but not full formal. The other dining options are not formal on such nights so you will have options, although some of them do have a smart casual dress code. There will always be somewhere to go during dining hours, and many that do go formal actually change after dinner anyway. Please do not let it worry you.

Just how formal do you have to get on formal nights on the Allure? We don't like to dress up, husband hates suits and ties. We wanted to get reservations at another venue during formal night, didn't want to dress up for the dining room, but was told you need to dress up for those other restaurants too. Let me know, if you've been on Allure, how dressy everyone gets and will they really refuse you at another place because you aren't in a suit and a dress.

Thanks for the info. I talked to a RC rep last night and she said most of the restaurants adhere to formal night so I'm glad to hear they don't. So what is "smart" dress? We are extremely informal living in Florida, don't have dress up clothes, but I do want to shop a little before the cruise, get something nice for the better restaurants. What would you suggest?

Just got back from the Oasis in October and they will probably be like the Allure. I just when Hawaiian formal on formal nights with my Hawaiian shirt and slacks on. Had no problem getting in, in fact, our waiter told us to come even if we didn't have formal wear.

I guess as long as you are not uncomfortable with what you wear, I say just wear what is comfortable, go to the main dinning room and enjoy yourself.

Others will tell you that everyone will be in formal wear, but I found that is not the case, if I estimated, I would say about 20% went formal, 40% had on suits and 40% had on shirts and slacks. No one was turned away.

Have fun, when you get back let us know what your experience was like.

Robert

Archived