Leaving ship once embarked??

This is my first post, but I've been reading this board for a few weeks now and all the info is great. My family is sailing on AOS in May out of San Juan. We were wondering if we are able to leave the ship once we've embarked or if we have to stay on board. We're trying to decide the best time to head to the port and still enjoy all that San Juan has to offer.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Kim

Though I'm not familiar with RCL's policies - everytime I've sailed you were able to come and go as you pleased like any other port of call.

just remember to leave time for lines as well as security which you must clear every time.

Sometimes you can bypass the check in lines - other times I had to wait there again as well.

I've been known to make two trips to the car just for luggage.

Have fun,

Just back from Feb 27th sailing of AOS. You can check-in and then leave, but must be back by 7pm. We were able to board at 12noon. Rooms are not available until 2pm so if you want to drop your carry-ons, keep that in mind.

The group behind us had planned to go back out to Old San Juan, but after realizing that they could take advantage of food & drink on the ship, they decided not to leave. Heard that from several other groups as well.

Enjoy - it's a great cruise with a great staff!

Kim

Thanks for the responses! We are also spending an extra night in San Juan on the tail end of our cruise. We were thinking about going to Rio Camuy Cave Park, but I'm concerned that we won't be able to disembark the ship early enough to drive all the way out to the caves.

If we don't have an RCCL excursion planned for the day of disembarkation and we don't have a flight - what time can we expect to get off of the ship?

Thanks again,

Kim

Archived