Canopy tour or kayaking w/teens??

slgray

We will be in Belize with our cruise in 3 weeks. We are confused over which excursion to take. It will be my husband and our 2 sons, age 12 and 15. We were thinking either the kayak or canopy tour? Any thoughts?

We will probably do the kayak because friends of ours are doing that in Belize. If we were on our own I'd do the canopy tour. You can kayak anywhere. I was hoping someone could add something and sway me in one direction. We are leaving on March 26th.

Have fun

we were in Belize 2 weeks ago on the Legend. We did the canopy tour - it was a blast and very safe. It's definitely different and your boys would be talking about it for months. Any ?'s

Cubsr#1, I would love a description of the canopy tour. I just booked it for my husband and daughter. Unfortunately my other daughter has a back injury so she and I have to skip it. It sounds fun, but I am a LITTLE concerned about my husband's fear of heights. Thanks!

The tour starts with a bus ride - that makes a bathroom stop 3/4's of the way there. Once at the site - the guides hook you up to the equipment and you walk up a path of "stairs" through the jungle - it's not a steep walk - we were all a bit tired at the top, but it wasn't strenuous. At the first traverse - the guide explains what you need to do to every person as it's your turn. We were given gloves to wear - you hold the tether strap with your left hand and put your right hand on the actual wire as far back over your right shoulder as possible - and then take off! It wasn't difficult at all and the guides are very aware of safety. At all times, they have you double hooked to avoid accidents and they do all of the hooking up etc. You do repelle twice - that was a bit intimidating, but again the guides control most of the hard work. Anything else you want to know?

Archived