Decisions, Decisions....Gem vs Jewel...

moose55d

Ive read alot of reviews and understand the amenities difference between the two.....here's the issue, the other couple we are traveling with, have (2) 12 year old kids, and they are worried that Bermuda,on the Gem, may become boring for the kids after 3 days, Vs The jewel, which sails to Florida, Stirrup Cay and Nassau. Does this really hold true? I have a 5 year old, so we are trying to please everyone...Any thoughts?

We were on the Jewel to the Bahamas and Florida last May...and are doing the Gem to Bermuda this May. We have 2 girls with us...ages 15 and 10. (last sailing 14 and 9). They NEVER got bored...nor do I think they will be bored going to Bermuda.

There are so many things for them to do that not everything can get fit in in just 3 sea days.

Both destinations have many things to do...so there shouldn't be any boredom during the port visits either.

Both sailings have 3 sea days and 3 port days. The difference is that on the Jewel there are 3 different ports, and with the Gem to Bermuda there's only one.

Both have their advantages. We are looking forward to enjoying the ship during sea days...then treating Bermuda like a land vacation, with the ship as our hotel ...(with free food and shows ;))

One thing to keep in mind is the 'kidsclub'. It is free on sea days, but they charge during port time. Since in Bermuda you will be in port for 3 days including 2 overnights, the kids will not have free access to the kids club during the day or evening. If they are on the Jewel, the kidsclub would be open and free during the evening, once the ship leaves port.

Not sure if I'm rambling...but it makes sense in my head...hopefully I'm explaining it okay.:o

I think they would enjoy the cruise either way. There are LOTS of things to do.

We took our three children on both a Bermuda and a Bahamas cruise (both NCL). I promise you they will NOT be bored in Bermuda. There is so much to do. Just do a little research before you go. take a cab tour of the island, go to the perfume factory, see the crystal cave, there is an aquarium and a zoo. how about a glass bottom boat tour? Oh yeah ant the daily wench dunking in St George. don't forget about snorkeling or helmet diving and other water sports. not to mention horse back riding. There is a great maritime museum in the dockyard they. If you want to splurge they can swim with the dolphins.

We are going back this May on the gem to celebrate our 25th. No kids this time, but can't wait. This will be our 4th time back to Bermuda, it was so much better than the other cruise.

Archived