Budget Car Rental – Quay Center Fort Lauderdale

4havingfun

Looking to rent a car post cruise from Budget at the Quay Center location.

Does anyone have experience in renting from this location? I have searched the forums and have found a couple of comments that concern me, such as long waits, limited car selection and having to wait for the free shuttle to pick up at the port. Looking for someone to reassure me, it is about $100 savings from my current rental with Alamo at the airport. We will be picking up a car and heading to Fort Myers, don’t really want to be stuck hanging around a car rental agency for hours to start the second part of our vacation. I have checked the schedule and there are only two ships in port that day (Navigator & Jewel)

Thanks for any help.

Many people say it's better to just hop a cab over there instead of waiting for the free shuttle. This location is practically right outside the north gate from the port, so a cab should be pretty cheap, and worthwhile. Limited car availability is always a concern at shopping center locations like this, so I think it just luck of the draw on that. My one concern would be to check what time they open, since you could possibly be off the ship well before their hours.

Hertz (Crowne Plaza), Thrifty, and Enterprise also have locations just outside the port on State Rd 84 (SE 24th St), that you may also check into.

We just dropped a car off there two weeks ago. The line was short maybe a ten minute wait. I am not sure about availability for pickup but it didnt seem to be problem as others were picking up vehicles. Maybe taking a cab to the quay center would be a good option.

Thanks for your help. We will plan on taking a cab rather than wait for the shuttle. We arrive on a Monday when they open at 8:00 am so that should not be a problem either. I was primarily concerned with the possible wait at the location. I just envisioned one person working the counter, checking in returned cars, putting a sign up while they took the shuttle over to pick up more passengers, etc. I had read in an earlier post that someone had to wait till 1 pm until they got on the road. I think I would pay the extra and rent from the airport if that was a common occurrence.

Archived