Rhodos To Lindos By Sea

jacksoncruisers

We will be in Rhodes in June and would like to know if their is ferry or water taxi service from Rhodos to Lindos. The cost and how long is the trip?

There are many different charter options between Rhodes Town and Lindos. They line up and sell tickets along the harbor in the new town section of Rhodes Town. If possible I'd make arrangements in advance. My wife and I were on Rhodes back in September 2010 and we used a charter to go from Rhodes Town to Lindos. Although we were not on a cruise most of the other passengers on the tour were. The entire trip was about 5 hours. It gave us ample time to get up to the Lindos ruins and walk about. We also had lunch down on the Lindos beach, but we didn't spend much time at all looking through the shops that line the walkways up and down to the ruins. Our charter also made a brief stop, so people could take a dip in the water off the side of the boat. The charter had soft drinks, beer and snacks for sale. I think the price was abour 30 Euro PP.

When we stopped at Rhodes in December 2010 on the MSC Magnifica we joined the ship's excursion to Lindos. Not sure if there is ferry/water taxi service to Lindos but in our excursion we took a coach there and it took 1 hour 15 minutes. I think it would be better to travel on land to Lindos from the port if it's your first time in Rhodes because you get the opportunity to see how the island of Rhodes is like.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived